Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-23-2010, 10:36 AM
iPad 2

Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Default Lemmings - LIVE DEVELOPMENT BLOG!

Mobile 1UP has bitten the bullet and decided to do what it has wanted to do for ages!

Mobile 1UP is porting its Lemmings implementation "as-is" from Palm OS to iPhone/iPod and the Palm Pre (we will also do desktop versions, if needed) over the next few days, you can monitor the development progress live!

http://www.mobile1up.com/blog/
http://www.mobile1up.com/lemmings/blog/

It will be submitted to the app store later this week for FREE including all original 120 levels. Why not see what is involved with porting code between different platforms and at the same time providing feedback! The first conceptual screen shot is here:

Mobile 1UP has previously ported its iPhone games to Palm Pre in a matter of five hours; so we do not believe we'll need that long to get something showing on the display and giving everyone an inside view of how this gets done Once we get started; things will happen so fast!

Spread the word!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Awesome! I love lemmings, can't believe it's going to be free too!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Lazuli

Wow. One of the great games of all time free, hopefully the controls are nailed down well. You mention that all 120 original levels are included, the wording gives the slightimpression that more levels are on the way after initial release. Any info on this?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Awesome! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! And for free?! Triple times more awesome!! I've been wishing for Lemmings for my iPod touch ever since I got my iPod touch!! Sweet!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM

Not being funny as I'd love to see this, but don't Sony own the rights to Lemmings now?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:36 PM
iPhone 4

Wow, sweet! I can't remember if you answered this or not but did you ever get the licensing for it from whoever the heck owns the rights now? (Rockstar North?)
Old 06-23-2010, 03:53 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
Wow. One of the great games of all time free, hopefully the controls are nailed down well. You mention that all 120 original levels are included, the wording gives the slightimpression that more levels are on the way after initial release. Any info on this?
read the blog - since phase 1 is porting the palmos version "as is" - the 120 levels are going to be there.. in fact, i just built a version where i can switch between all 120 levels.. so the loading of the data is working great

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfield
Wow, sweet! I can't remember if you answered this or not but did you ever get the licensing for it from whoever the heck owns the rights now? (Rockstar North?)
no-one knows who owns it anymore, thats why i'm doing it free. i just want to play it. there is lemmings DS out there which has not been affected, and neither was my original version i had on Palm OS.. we'll see. it is kinda a marathon thing i'm doing right now :P switching jobs, plenty of spare time!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
iPad 2

ok - if you want to see the levels loading (no game play yet) - you can grab a binary (mac osx only sorry) and play around with it, go visit the blog and you'll find a download link it works exactly the same on iphone, palm pre - and i am sure windows and linux if i booted the virtual machines.

since i'm over here in europe and forgot to eat, probably need some time away (sleep, etc)
Old 06-23-2010, 05:19 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Awesome, I'd like to pre-order. I've always loved this game.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:25 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Should be great to have lemmings on the go, will an option to play our own music be added?