iPhone: Cooking Mama + Lite are out $6.99

02-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Cooking Mama + Lite are out $6.99

Looks like Cooking Mama just came out. Here's the link.

[App Store Link, $6.99]

Quote:
Popular the world over, the hit cooking action game "Cooking Mama" is now available for the iPhone and iPod touch!

This edition features a generous helping of dishes from the home console series as well as plenty of never-before-seen cuisine!

The "Cooking Mama" controls have also been optimized for use with the iPhone and iPod touch, ensuring a fresh play experience for even veterans of the home console releases!

"Cooking Mama" includes two fun game modes: "Let's Cook," where players make meals with Mama, and "Cooking Contest," where players can freely practice a variety of recipes and techniques.

* A brief look at game play!

-Touch-
Chop vegetables, cut meat, and stir ingredients!

-Shake the iPhone/iPod touch-
Knead and shape hamburger meat with both hands!

-Tilt the iPhone/iPod touch-
Melt butter and spread it across a skillet, fry meat and vegetables!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 02-26-2009 at 08:26 PM.
02-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Link is broken for me.

I was actually thinking the other day that the iPhone is practically begging for a game like this. Not that I'm a fan of Cooking Mama, but it has a lot of casual appeal and I think between the accelerometer and touch features that there's a lot of potential. I'd probably play the Lite version (if there is one) to get some ideas.

02-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Oh alright thanks, I did a search in the app store and saw a lite version come up in search but no app.
I'll get a better link, but if you want to see it, it should come up on app store search.
02-26-2009, 12:38 AM
I can't check iTunes right now because I'm syncing, but here's the AppShopper link: http://appshopper.com/games/cooking-mama

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-26-2009, 12:39 AM
This game is totally not what I thought it was going to be -- unless mama is one of the new recipes mentioned in the first screenshot.

Personally though, I think my mama would come out tough and gamey.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
This game is totally not what I thought it was going to be -- unless mama is one of the new recipes mentioned in the first screenshot.

Personally though, I think my mama would come out tough and gamey.
I'm not sure I understand you... Please explain.
02-26-2009, 01:19 AM
yes, please tell us more!
I REALLY WANT THIS GAME. but I don't know if the 7$ is worth it..
02-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfield View Post
this game is totally not what i thought it was going to be -- unless mama is one of the new recipes mentioned in the first screenshot.

Personally though, i think my mama would come out tough and gamey.

hahahahahahaha lmao
02-26-2009, 01:44 AM
I guess he wants to cook mama.
Anyone tried? The ds version was nice and there is a 2nd chapter too. The only thing that I dislike on the ds version is that when you cook all the recipes there is not much more to do, there is not much replay after that, but is a fun game for a time
02-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Fun one of the most novel game ever to come out for the DS that makes even boys want to cook, but there lies the problem, chances are alot of people already played the DS version.
And Im sure the accelerometer would bring some new feeling to the game over the DS, I really wouldnt spend another 6 bucks on pretty much the same game.

If you havent played cooking mama before, try it, its a very good game which Im sure even your wife would get a kick out of and Im sure its well worth 6 bucks.
But if you have played it before like me, I have even finished cooking mama 2.
Why would you want to play this all over again?