★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Anybody beaten shooter?

02-26-2009, 06:57 AM
Anybody beaten shooter?

I was just wondering if anyone had finished the whole story mode on shooter.

If you did (I'm on like 2 or 3) are new aspects of the game revealed or is it the same missions over and over again?

Thanks

Plus+ Name: kuler51
OpenFeint Name: kuler51
--Add Me--
02-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuler51 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had finished the whole story mode on shooter.

If you did (I'm on like 2 or 3) are new aspects of the game revealed or is it the same missions over and over again?

Thanks
Haven't completed it, I got to the part where you're shooting cops in a warehouse using your pistol, so it's less slow-accurate stuff and more action.

I assume the rest of the game is like that, different locations and weapons and game styles.

Also, there seem to be mini games between missions such as the landmine detection.

02-26-2009, 05:20 PM
I've heard there is some or maybe only 1 hostage level. Can anybody confirm?

Plus+ Name: kuler51
OpenFeint Name: kuler51
--Add Me--
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
i think i'm on the last level where you are shooting the people on the snowmobiles, it sure is hard.
03-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuler51 View Post
I've heard there is some or maybe only 1 hostage level. Can anybody confirm?
THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

Erm... sort of. I've completed the game. There is only one mission involving saving hostages, and even then it's just the one hostage. It's the boss on the Snow stage, right after you beat the guys on the snowmobiles. The guy has hold of the woman you met early in the game and you've got to shoot his gun out of his hand and then when he drops her fire one last bullet into him... it's not very hard. After that there's just one more stage which is another woodland area but it's a night vision stage which is nice. The end boss on this stage (and the final boss in the game) is a little harder. He's not so much a problem, it's all the other guys around him distracting you that makes it a challenge. Overall, a decent game, but a little too easy for my liking. Also, I received a load of medals throughout the game, but none of these seem to have unlocked anything!

As for the mini games, well, there's only three kinds. The mine detecting one on the desert level, the item assembly game that is used in pretty much every other level, and a map assembling game (which is basically just a jigsaw) in the final level!

Last edited by K.D!; 03-01-2009 at 11:14 AM.
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
i have somewhat completed the game (almost through, on the last stage)

but yes there is only one hostage level that i can remember.....but i encountered a glitch on one of the earlyer levels (i think 3) were it was the last man of the seven sets, and i had already killed everyone but him, and my scope wont move far enough to kill him it stops at the border and there is a guy rite outside of it???? i had to kill him first and then have the trouble of quick shotting everyone else to make it out alive.....

heres the screen shot of...anyone else have this happen???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.PNG
Views:	5
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	1440  

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!
03-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I didn't get that glitch, But i had one where one of the guys hid behind a couple of boxes and was still shooting me even though i counldn't see him.
03-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakster View Post
I didn't get that glitch, But i had one where one of the guys hid behind a couple of boxes and was still shooting me even though i counldn't see him.
yep ive had that one, there really is only one way to beat those,and that is to make an unbelievable shot to hit the tip of the guys head, which is pretty much just a few pixels......or you could just kill him first after you restart....

I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
03-01-2009, 11:35 AM
o and my bad i geuse i didnt really answer his quetion in the first post i just revealed my glitch....but yes they did a good job on adding extra aspets to the game instead of shooting the same peaple with a different back drop....you have 3 mini games
  • Finding and defusing under ground mines, building different items like a silencer and a medical kit, and then a map thingy

and then of course there is the pistol, machine gun, which are really fun to do and on both of those you can use grenades....

I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Eh, I don't like Shooter too much. Mainly because of it having to load every single time you switch from binoculars to sniper. If that was changed I would actually try to beat the game.

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz