★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket God concept?

02-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Pocket God concept?

Just a quickie fellers.....

i downloaded Pocket God (because of the hype) and it looks fun, but what is the idea of the game? what is my aim, what am i meant to do and strive to?

the instructions say "....You can bring new life, and then take it away just as quickly. Exercise your powers on the islanders. Lift them into the air. Throw them in the water. Propel them into the horizon. Show them who's boss!
Pocket God is an episodic microgame for you to explore and have fun with...."
but that sounds pretty aimless.

what's the gig?
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjleworthy View Post
Just a quickie fellers.....

i downloaded Pocket God (because of the hype) and it looks fun, but what is the idea of the game? what is my aim, what am i meant to do and strive to?

the instructions say "....You can bring new life, and then take it away just as quickly. Exercise your powers on the islanders. Lift them into the air. Throw them in the water. Propel them into the horizon. Show them who's boss!
Pocket God is an episodic microgame for you to explore and have fun with...."
but that sounds pretty aimless.

what's the gig?
Just play with them.
It's comparable to Koi Pond. There is no real aim.

Favourites: NfS, HoS, BIA, Real Racing, Knights Onrush, iDracula, X2 Football, F.A.S.T., Defender Chronicles, Sentinel 2, iBomber, Pocket God, Trism, Flight Control, Harbor Master, Sea Captain

02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
There is no point, Pocket God isn't a game. It's under the entertainment section because that's just what it is, a mindless app for wasting time and killing some boredom. All you do is just toss and kill the little islanders in different ways, there is no goal.
02-26-2009, 08:25 AM
oh
02-26-2009, 09:08 AM
No gig just another overhyped app - did i actually pay for this
02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey, I got it when it was boring and there wasn't as many things to do. Before you could only throw them into the air or into the water, but it's pretty expanded now. I got it as a random buy while looking through the app store!
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
well, it's nicely executed, nifty and graphically good but, like SkyCoaster (again, quite fun but pointless), i feel a tad miffed i payed for something that's pointless. i was looking forward to a game of some kind. it is good to look at, but i know i'll never open the app up again because there's no point to it.
02-26-2009, 09:33 AM
and that's the reason why i always dig touch arcade threads before buying game/app.
02-26-2009, 10:03 AM
I guess it's not for everyone but it is a great app with weekly updates.
Can you name another great game with weekly updates?

And it's #2 in the app store so they're obviously doing something right

Recommended Games: JunkJack
02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
we just have to ask how many weekly updates are yet to come?