★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Enjoy the classic Original Wild Gunman game, it's very simply yet very addictive.
06-24-2010, 11:09 AM
wow.. memories.. will be easier though, shooting without the crappy NES gun.. >_0

06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
It's a full "port" except some Missing sounds from the original NES version. There is no Sound when you are shooting or when it counts your bonuspoints. Besides that it's a good game oldschool game. Good memories.
06-24-2010, 01:27 PM
how can Apple approve this stuff? I mean, I wanna buy it anyway, but geez..
06-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
how can Apple approve this stuff? I mean, I wanna buy it anyway, but geez..
Yeah, really. I doubt it will be around for long, but I really liked the original Wild Gunman. So this plays exactly like the original NES cart except for missing gunshot sounds and the missing bonus sounds? Controls work alright?

If so, I'm there.
06-24-2010, 01:39 PM
on that note, and a bit OT, but I wish Nintendo would take all these old Zapper games are put them out on Virtual Console, and just tweak the tech so they'd work with the wiimote. Yeah, it would be a bit of work, but if they grabbed like 10 of them and bundled together for $50 or whatever I would gladly pay
06-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Back to the Future II popped into my head instantly.
06-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I hope the sounds get added (update maybe?), that's what makes these classic games worth getting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROmVSKZlRo0

Playing: Happy Street & Pixel People

Beta tested: Pocket Minions, N.Y.Zombies 2 & ORC: Vengeance, Happy Street
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Arrgh, I thought it would get pulled by now, but it just sat there, tempting me, until today (finally pulled the trigger).

Will post further impressions when I get a chance to try it out.
07-02-2010, 04:17 PM
OK, what can I say really, it's Wild Gunman. If you liked it on the NES/Arcade, you'll likely like it here.

I've only really tried out the "normal" mode (Game A). I didn't have the problem with the missing gunshot sound some were describing, but it definitely is missing the sound from when the bonus racks up. I like how they decided to do the controls (an aiming field to the left and a fire field to the right). It seems responsive and works well. Plus, it seems that after every round the position of your cursor is randomly reset, and the cursor doesn't appear until the enemy draws. I take this as a good thing, otherwise the game would be ridiculously easy. And it's probably also better that they took this approach rather than the "tap to shoot" method (which also would have made the game stupidly simple).

All in all, if you're a fan of the game, get this before Apple/Nintendo catches on and it gets yanked.