★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: AvatarLabs
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 19.4 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: The Appy Awards just named Rhythm Racer 2 the best game app of 2011!

--------------

Get the NUMBER ONE FREE MUSIC GAME in the world for the iPad on your iPhone! We ranked number one in 67 countries. You don't want to miss out.

Here's what the reviews are saying:

"Visually, Rhythm Racer 2 HD is a real treat. The futuristic backdrops are breathtaking, and the impression of speed you get from the slick animation is dizzying at times."
Softonic.com

"It's a huge step up in graphics, gameplay and overall fun."
TheAppCast.com

"With a sleek appearance, and a simple and fun gaming experience you will have an app that you can pick up at any time and play."
CapsuleComputers.com

Rhythm Racer 2 for iPhone and iPod Touch is a must have for anyone who likes to ROCK and GO FAST! What's new? MORE MUSIC. MORE DYNAMIC GAMEPLAY. BIG NAME ARTISTS. STILL FREE.

Available Now in Rhythm Racer 2:
The All American Rejects, Boston, The Crystal Method, The Prodigy, Edgar Winter, Filter, and music from indie-fabulous artists Ordinary Peoples, Kill the Alarm, and King Atom. The game also comes with original music from the one and only Parry Gripp.

Coming Soon:
OK Go, The Airborne Toxic Event, and more.

Features:
- SUPER FAST racing combined with SUPER AWESOME interactive music!
- Free and paid songs in 3D worlds!
- Full integration with OpenFeint for chat, playing against friends, making new ones, and more!
- Global leader boards - see how you score against everyone!
- Social leader boards - see how you score against your friends!

Developer Notes:
Greetings from the development team at AvatarLabs, creator of Rhythm Racer. Rhythm Racer 2 has big changes! Let us know (rhythmracer@avatarlabs.com) how you like it so we can keep making it better. We depend on your feedback to make Rhythm Racer the best it can be. Thanks for playing and helping us bring the thrill of racing and music together!

Got iPad? Get Rhythm Racer 2 HD for iPad. Also FREE!

goiMot's comments:

06-24-2010, 09:11 PM
pretty good for free

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

06-24-2010, 09:16 PM
awesome , espcially The Prodigy at the end

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
06-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey, it's universal too :O I enjoyed the first, got to the top 5 at the very beginning and then got bored with one song. Made the second song free, I went to top 20 and then got bored.

But hopefully, since this has more than two songs, I'll be able to enjoy it I'll try it out.

edit: I haven't played it yet. But you start with 4 songs, Fire away by Kill the Alarm, Hydraulic by King Aton, I Quit by Ordinary Peoples, and Asteroid by Parry Gripp. You can buy Smokin' by Boston and Free Ride by Edgar Winter in one pack that costs 0.99. The Take by Filter and Weapons of Mass Distortion by The Crystasl Method are in one pack for 0.99.

edit 2: Played the game, and it's almost like the first. It runs pretty smooth on my iPod 2nd gen. There are three difficulties, which are practice, pro, and master. The number or lanes there are depends on the difficulty. As you go through the track, you pick up orbs that are no longer 3d, but now in 2d. When the bottom part of the screen is filled up with the orbs you pick up, it adds to your multiplier. If you miss an orb, then for every moment that you don't pick up an orb, your multiplier goes down. Also, what keeps the music playing is when you pick up orbs! It's something that it's added from guitar hero and rock band. The last part is the lane lock. When you go into one lane, it locks your ship onto it. It's sort of like the auto aim on a shooter, except that lane lock is barely noticeable. The game overall is pretty fun and enjoyable

edit 3: Ah yes, I forgot about the ads. After every round, there are ads. To get out of it, you have to tap the screen and choose whether you will buy/get it or skip it. -______-

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|

Last edited by MystikSun; 06-24-2010 at 09:54 PM.
06-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystikSun View Post
You can buy Smokin' by Boston and Free Ride by Edgar Winter in one pack that costs 0.99. The Take by Filter and Weapons of Mass Distortion by The Crystasl Method are in one pack for 0.99.
Thanks for the warning. I'll skip it on that account.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Good game

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps
06-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Thanks for the warning. I'll skip it on that account.
Yeah, the packs were a turn off xD

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|