★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stick Skater 1.2

06-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Stick Skater 1.2

Hi All!

Just wanted to drop a line and let you know Traction Games has just released a major update of our game Stick Skater. We are extremely happy with this update. We did our best incorporating the user feedback with our own ideas to increase game play and of course fun!

In this update we have added:

2 Player S.K.A.T.E - Battling your friends is always great, so we have introduced another game mode into Stick Skater. This mode is based on Basketball game H.O.R.S.E. where a player takes a turn on 1 of 9 unique spots then the next player must beat their score or take a letter.

Achievements - Expanding on the collect 5 tokens per level from previous versions we have added High Score and No Slams. Now not only can you play the game in a linear fashion, once finished you can come back and collect the achievements you missed. Which brings me to our next feature.

Level Select - This was a big request by our users. We always wanted it in the game, we just wanted a reason for users to session every level not just their favorites. Within the Level Select screen, symbols under each level button indicate which Achievements have not been accomplished.

More Obstacles - In addition to more levels we have added a "game changer". A little red Boost Arrow which when hit flies the skater off into the air so the skater can session different sections. On top of this we have added a 3x Multiplier token to enhance your score during linked tricks. We also thought it would be fun to add school buses and cars for players to grind.

More Levels/Level Upgrades - 10 additional levels of varying difficulty have been sprinkled throughout the game. With the introduction of the Boost Arrow each level has been upgraded so there is no longer one linear route to finish each level. Instead of collecting the tokens in a fairly linear way the player must now search out the correct route. There is also what i like to call "Pits of Glory" which are hidden underground sections that have high scoring routes, hidden tokens etc.

We have also updated backgrounds to give a better representation of the locations in the game.

Twitter Integration - After each level and at the end of the game the player can send out a tweet of their accomplishment. If you have a Twitter account you can simply login and tweet without leaving the game. One login is good provided you dont change your password.

High Score ReDux - We were surprised at the amount of response by people hooked on our high score charts. We were even more flattered by the amount of users who took the extra step and hacked their scores so they could get to the top! Because of this we have completely rejuvenated the high scores and scoring system. We apologise to anyone with a legit score who now has lost their score with the update. Unfortunately this is a case where a few spoil it for the many.

Control Response - Seeing as our levels can be very technical we have responded to user requests increase responsiveness of the controls.

We at Traction Games hope you like the new update love to hear your feedback. For those still unsure we have also made significant additions to our very successful LITE version.

Stick Skater at the App Store 99c
06-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Awesome update! I especially like the two player mode.

06-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Woops forgot to add some promo codes!

E63TAM7ANYMF
L4N9FNFWFAAT

Ill post more later today. Enjoy!
06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
noo, all gone.
really want to give it a try!
06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to fluffyguitarist
leachers took them

I play guitarhttp://www.youtube.com/user/fluffyguitarist
I'm a Professional Philosoraptor.
Games? Super Quick Hook and Trees of Doom pretty much own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Traction View Post
Woops forgot to add some promo codes!

E63TAM7ANYMF
L4N9FNFWFAAT

Ill post more later today. Enjoy!
too slow

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps
I got L4N9FNFWFAAT
06-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Redeemed E63TAM7ANYMF
Thank you!
06-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to fluffyguitarist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch11 View Post
I got L4N9FNFWFAAT
i take half of my post back

I play guitarhttp://www.youtube.com/user/fluffyguitarist
I'm a Professional Philosoraptor.
Games? Super Quick Hook and Trees of Doom pretty much own.
06-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Leachers? How do i avoid leachers? Here is a link to the LITE, it has a lot of the new features plus a couple new levels.

Stick Skater LITE