★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hanoi reaches 1 million downloads.

02-26-2009, 12:16 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Hanoi reaches 1 million downloads.

Hanoi, a small free puzzle game I wrote almost a year ago to learn how to develop for the iPhone has finally broken the 1,000,000 download mark today! At one point Hanoi was the #1 Free App on the App Store!



Its a point for me to stop and look back at how far I've come in the last year and how lucky I am to be developing games full time. Being part of communities like Touch Arcade has made it much more enjoyable Thanks everyone!

Last edited by eeenmachine; 02-26-2009 at 12:21 PM.
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM
#2
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 136
Nice, congrats!! Now hopefully Scoops and Textropolis can reach this milestone soon two, both are amazing games.

Can't wait for Kyper and Sky Burger!

02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: You need to stalk me?
Posts: 2,117
Send a message via AIM to superbad
why is there a smiley of embarassment?

BE PROUD EEEN!

i applaud all your efforts

also, did you ever try putting ads on free hanoi. it might give you a little mroe $$

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
02-26-2009, 12:24 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd3 View Post
Nice, congrats!! Now hopefully Scoops and Textropolis can reach this milestone soon two, both are amazing games.

Can't wait for Kyper and Sky Burger!
It would be quite a feat for a paid game to reach 1M.

Scoops is at 113,168.
Hanoi Plus is at 24,140.
Textropolis is at 9,068.

All Ian Marsh games and apps are at 1,193,086.
02-26-2009, 12:26 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
why is there a smiley of embarassment?

BE PROUD EEEN!

i applaud all your efforts

also, did you ever try putting ads on free hanoi. it might give you a little mroe $$
There is a Plus version of Hanoi with some extra features that made me enough a while back to convince me to quit my day job. Doesn't sell anything anymore, but that doesn't bother me since it wasn't really a game I was planning on selling.
02-26-2009, 12:26 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 1,549
Is there any way to get these statistics for any game/app? Or do you only know them because you're the dev?

Towers of Hanoi was the first game i learned in programming class too, but that was a longgg time ago!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-26-2009, 12:27 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 136
Well hopefully with a Scoops demo being added to iPhones and the Scoops update coming, those number will skyrocket.

Really, you games are some of the best for the iPhone IMO. Really simple concepts, but a lot of fun and addicting.

I'll go wipe the brown from my nose now...
02-26-2009, 12:29 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: You need to stalk me?
Posts: 2,117
Send a message via AIM to superbad
OT: eeen! what does the Scoops update have? are we finally able to acquire more than 3 1UP scoops?

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
02-26-2009, 12:29 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
There is a Plus version of Hanoi with some extra features that made me enough a while back to convince me to quit my day job. Doesn't sell anything anymore, but that doesn't bother me since it wasn't really a game I was planning on selling.

lets see...........

i bought hanoi plus, scoops, and textropolis on janurary 17.........so you got a sale then
02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd3 View Post
Well hopefully with a Scoops demo being added to iPhones...
I gave appleiphoneapps.com the graphs for this article about being featured in the retail locations: http://www.appleiphoneapps.com/2009/...al-more-sales/

Short version: doesn't help sales at all.