★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Quest runs REALLY slow on my iPhone 4

06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
The Quest runs REALLY slow on my iPhone 4

I just finally got my iPhone 4 completely restored from a backup of my 3GS, so I started messing around with my favorite games to see how they look on the new retina screen. Come to find out, "The Quest" loads up just fine, but plays like it's running on a 486 computer. WTF?!? I did try restarting my phone just to see if it would make any difference but it didn't have any affect. I've also searched around on this forum as well as Google, and can't seem to find anyone else even posting about it. Hell, I would just delete it and try reinstalling it, but there is no way for me to keep my saved games other than jailbreaking (which I don't want to do). So, with that said, is anyone else having this same issue, or am I completely alone? Thanks!
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
I would just wait for an update from the developers, or contact them if it's really bugging you.

06-25-2010, 01:33 PM
PM'd Catacomber & Redshift.

No new iPhone for me (or iOS4... yet) so I can't confirm this.

You might want to try downloading the lite version and/or one of the expansions and play a new game to see if it's an issue with the save or the game engine in general...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
PM'd Catacomber & Redshift.

No new iPhone for me (or iOS4... yet) so I can't confirm this.

You might want to try downloading the lite version and/or one of the expansions and play a new game to see if it's an issue with the save or the game engine in general...
Thanks! I wasn't entirely sure of how to contact them, so I really do appreciate it. Are they members of this forum, or did you contact them via their own website (if you don't mind me asking)?

That's a good idea about downloading the lite version. I'll have to give it a try and see what happens. I hope it has nothing to do with my saved game though because I really don't want to have to start all the way over.

As it seems, so far, this is the only game that is giving me any kind of trouble. I just thought that it was kinda weird because it should be running faster not slower due to the new iPhone's spec list. Hopefully it's something that a simple update can correct.
06-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Well, I just tried the "lite version" and it is doing the same thing. Although it still sucks on my end, at least I know it's not my saved game causing the issue. Hopefully Redshift can fix this here soon.
06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
They're members on this forum, and are active on the The Quest threads...

I'm sure if there's a problem, they will have a patch out quickly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-25-2010, 07:21 PM
it must be the way it is handling the new screen resolution - it works fine on both my ipod touch 3g and iphone3gs on iOS4.

I am running The Quest Gold with Mithril Horde as well.

Check out my band HEAVY JACK - SOME FREE MUSIC FOR DOWNLOAD

How can you live on the banks of a river when the floodwater pours from the mouth?
- Paul Simon
06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
I have all of the quest games and it's running fine on my iPod touch 3G with IOS4

Openfeint- Bmiller4
Plus+, Gameloft Live, Crystal, AGON- BTM4444
Xbox Live- BTM4444
06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM4444 View Post
I have all of the quest games and it's running fine on my iPod touch 3G with IOS4
Yeah, it still works just fine on my 3GS, but I can't figure out why it's not working well on a phone with better specs. :-(
06-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Haha