★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

GameSalad?

06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
GameSalad?

I was wondering if GameSalad is free? I've heard it's free but, I've heard it's $99. Is the $99 Apple's fee or is it GameSalad? So what I'm asking is it $100 dollars (just Apple's developer fee) or $200 dollars (Apple's and GameSalad's)?

(Sorry if it's in wrong place. Please move if it is )
06-25-2010, 01:29 PM
apple's fee is 100$, gamesalad is free. Only use it though, if you want to publish something on the app store, and don't know how to program. can't make high quality games with it.

most unknown good game: peril canyon. Most known bad game: NFL

06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfires View Post
apple's fee is 100$, gamesalad is free. Only use it though, if you want to publish something on the app store, and don't know how to program. can't make high quality games with it.
Then what does THIS page mean?
06-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Read the left.
"unlimited blah blah"

Those are te benefits you get for 99 dollars. Without it, you get ... Un-unlimited blah blah I believe lol
06-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfires View Post
can't make high quality games with it.
True all the games that I've played that used/uses game salad are horrible; no offence.

Beta Tested: iBetatest+Running with Scissors, iBlast Moki, IMO, 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011, Zenonia 2, Touch the Beat Beta Testing: Pentagon Defense
06-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcwmc View Post
True all the games that I've played that used/uses game salad are horrible; no offence.
honestly that's probably due to the quality of the devs who use it
06-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Sorry, I was wrong. I used the free version when I started to program, never needed to publish because just learning, so never paid.

06-26-2010, 01:06 AM
[quote]honestly that's probably due to the quality of the devs who use it [quote/]No actually. It is the programs fault. Because gamesalad is considered a high level language and so is easy to use, it is limited with it's capabilities. I'll explain the levels if u don't know about it. Lowest level is binary, which is used for machine code( or something), which is used to make some language that interexchanged to make visual basic, java, c, etc. These are then used to make the high level programming stuff, like scratch, gamesalad, and so on. THe only real difference about gamesalad is that it is the only one used for priced games. Finally, gamesalad devs don't know how to program.

06-26-2010, 04:01 AM
You don't have to know how to program to make a good game... Heck, I made an RPG with Powerpoint, lol.
06-26-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
You don't have to know how to program to make a good game... Heck, I made an RPG with Powerpoint, lol.

I think some elaboration is necessary

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。