★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: DEFCON Z is a zombie retro arcade game, loaded with action, weapons and raging hordes of undead.
Find your way through infested streets, tunnels and debris. Kill tons of mindless zombies as you fill your screen with blood splatters!

Features include:
- 11 big levels to play. New map packs will be regularly added for free.
- 3 types of enemies: Sillies, embrancers and the big mastodons.
- 5 different weapons including: chainsaws, grenade launchers and machine guns.
- OpenFeint is enabled: online community
- 6 Achievements: Carnage, Holocaust, Lieutenant, etc.
- 11 LeaderBoards.
- Vibrant original metal soundtrack performed with real instruments.
- Rich sound effects including explosions and zombies asking for brains.

Get DEFCON Z now and start fighting the outbreak!

iDRevolution's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-25-2010, 03:56 PM
This looks pretty cool

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

06-25-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm digging the graphics, and one can never have too many zombies to kill. Think I'll go looking for a video to see if I can find out more about the game.
06-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi,
Im part of the development team of DEFCON Z.

The app validation process has been so fast that we are still finishing all the stuff: web page and all the media content.
I just can show you now a small outdated video of the game recorded during the development process, so dont take it in consideration because it lacks a lot of features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGLT8cbjXyM

A fully updated video is beeing prepared and will be soon available on the web.

Hope you enjoy it!
06-26-2010, 08:11 AM
its a fun game i got
and i added the video 2 first post
06-27-2010, 10:23 AM
The game you get is totally different from the one seen in the video.
#1 Enemies in the game move ridiculously fast towards you the moment you get anywhere near half-screen distance, meaning it's more of a "hit and jump back" game than a shooting platformer
#2 Enemies take two hits to kill, and you have very very limited ammunition, knife basically has absolutely no use at all if you don't want to waste your precious four health points
#3 Sound effects are totally different, the only sound effect you hear in the game is that ridiculous moaning sound from zombies that sounds like someone burped
I would suggest against getting this, complete waste of $2, there are much much better platformers.

Last edited by Aurora; 06-27-2010 at 10:25 AM.
06-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
The game you get is totally different from the one seen in the video.
#1 Enemies in the game move ridiculously fast towards you the moment you get anywhere near half-screen distance, meaning it's more of a "hit and jump back" game than a shooting platformer
#2 Enemies take two hits to kill, and you have very very limited ammunition, knife basically has absolutely no use at all if you don't want to waste your precious four health points
#3 Sound effects are totally different, the only sound effect you hear in the game is that ridiculous moaning sound from zombies that sounds like someone burped
I would suggest against getting this, complete waste of $2, there are much much better platformers.
Thanks for the heads up.
06-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Uhh

Maybe. I'm thinking about downloading it. I'm still disapointed about exo planet.

Walk into road naked. Swing wang at oncoming traffic.
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
DEFCON Z: Official inGame Video

Hi,

finally here you got an official ingame video where we hope to clarify what you will find ingame as we read some opinions that are far from reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwc9kjH0V4g

All content (apart from transitions) is real ingame footage, raw, even the audio track. Nothing has been edited in order to show you the real thing.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did it!
06-28-2010, 05:36 PM
embedded:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.