★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Introducing Blocks Mania! A revolutionary puzzle game that features 2 graphical themes! ( Doodle & Pixel Art ). Get your crazy block to the exit point by sliding your finger in the desired direction.

Blocks Mania features over 90 levels of addictive fun. Each level has multiple ways to complete so you can have fun even longer!

Integrated with OpenFeint!

Blocks Mania! also features over 10 unique enviromental objects that will make your game even more fun!

For more information go to spokko.com
See the gameplay video at spokko.com

goiMot's comments:

06-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Nice to see another of this genre in the iTunes App store, the others felt a little lacking. Has anyone tried it yet? V.tempted but wondering if it brings anything new to the table.

06-25-2010, 09:09 PM
It looks like it has a number of different puzzle elements that set it apart from similar games. I am not too impressed with the graphics though. I know that simple retro graphics are all the rage, but I prefer hi rez clean graphics, like Ragdoll Blaster 2 for example. Its nice to have a good puzzle game with nice visuals.
I am also reluctant to buy this game now because who is to say that in a months time this game doesn't become free with DLC and a new Premium version comes out.
Lastly, I hate the ads in Spokko games now. Splash screens before you get to the game advertise devs' other games as well as "news" tab that pops down every time you open the game and every time you go back to the menu. Thats a bit too much! As much as I love Geo Fighter and Tiki Totems, I am disappointed with Spokko.

Sorry for the rant.
06-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Hello guys, I'm one of the devs

First of all - we're realy happy that the game has finally reached the AppStore. It took us quite a bit longer to produce than we originally planned, but we really took our time polishing everything to perfection

@eugekava

We undestand your "rant" and we really wish this kind of cross-promotion wasn't necessary. But as it is, releasing games on AppStore is somewhat a do-or-die process, and promoting new games within a customer base is definitely improving our chances

However, rest assured that we will be lowering the influence of cross-promotional ads in our older games. Just yesterday we have submitted updates to a number of games (and more today), that greatly reduce time it takes for "ads" to load. We've seen quite a backlash on those "ads", not just from you. So obviously, changes will come

Lastly, about the pricing - we cannot guarantee anything (it's AppStore after all, trends change on monthly basis here), but we fully intend to provide content updates to the paid version of the game.
06-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSz_spokko View Post
Lastly, about the pricing - we cannot guarantee anything (it's AppStore after all, trends change on monthly basis here), but we fully intend to provide content updates to the paid version of the game.
As long as you can confirm that the version out now is to remain the "premium" version, that's good enough for a buy from me. So if you do have a free version with DLC in the future, it's a new release rather than a price drop for this one and a new paid version is released with the premium features.

I just don't want it to be like Tiki Totems, where people may have paid for it and then found they had to pay for it again to get the premium version.
06-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
As long as you can confirm that the version out now is to remain the "premium" version, that's good enough for a buy from me. So if you do have a free version with DLC in the future, it's a new release rather than a price drop for this one and a new paid version is released with the premium features.

I just don't want it to be like Tiki Totems, where people may have paid for it and then found they had to pay for it again to get the premium version.
Don't worry, we really don't want our customers to feel ripped off. We will support this version, so you can treat it as a Premium of sort. Tiki Totems was an entirely different matter, we were not prepared for the outcome. Now we have a bit more experience with DLC and stuff

Anyway, just so you know - we've just dropped Blocks Mania to .99c - Introductory Sale ! Gonna take a moment before it changes of AppStore of course
06-26-2010, 04:47 AM
il grab it once the 99cent change takes place. I purchased tiki totems premium when i saw it came out, only to see today on appshopper that the premium version is free today. I do enjoy that game, however, so it's not too much of a loss as I enjoyed it and beat most levels.

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
06-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Actually both previous Spokko games are excellent and are worth more than was charged for them. I am sure that this game is very polished as well.
06-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys. If you decide to purchase the game, please write a review of it
06-26-2010, 07:36 AM
To everyone wondering if this will be the PREMIUM/FREE version I can assure you that we have decided to release the PREMIUM version and there will be no price drop to FREE for this title. Other teaser/free versions we might consider for the future but to get the best version out there that will feature all new content without any DLC whatsoever, this is the version to purchase

As MikeSz said the Splash/News method is sort of our way to keep afloat the AppStore market, but we've already submitted updates to the news and splash system that should lower their intrusiveness.

"Senior Programmer @ Spokko - makers of geoFighter - Tiki Totems and others

<<< Website - Follow us on Twitter to receive free promo codes - Our Games >>>