★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BOWloon kicks your butt into another Dimension!

Take part in a 3D world, where a little balloon dude with a big attitude beckons your control. Fight in a race against time to score the highest, last the longest and shoot the furthest. It's up to you to determine your fate. Grab your bow, draw back your arrow and shoot.

What people are saying about BOWloon:

"Will be a must have on my ipod touch"

"My impressions: I'm hooked"

"Bowmaster, but with a balloons theme"

"Like Bloons in 3D" - Touch arcade forums

3D ACTION

With complete freedom of movement, BOWloon allows you to unleash your archery skills in a 3D world over 3 different maps.

The casual, fun and addictive game play of BOWloon will have you shooting for that higher score, longer shot, bigger multiplier chain, better weapon...You know it's true.

BETTER THAN REALISTIC PHYSICS

Real life physics? Borrrring! Newton's laws don't let you fire a rocket from a bow, but we do :) Other cool physics in BOWloon include wind, gravity, magnets, fire, explosions and more!

NOT YOUR GRAND DADDY'S ARROWS...

We have arrows that would make Rambo jealous:
- The Anti Gravity arrow
- The Split Arrow
- The Freeze Arrow
- The Flaming Arrow
- The Explosive Arrow
- The Rocket Arrow

FUN AND EASY CONTROLS!

- Draw your bow by sliding your thumb back
- Tilt or Touch aiming
- First or Third Person views
- Follow the arrow until impact on the ArrowCam
- Left or right handed options.

ARCADE STYLE SCORING!

You can rack up massive scores into the millions while in a frenzy of balloon popping fun. Then post your score and see how you rank on OpenFeint online leader boards.

Game Play Videos: http://bowloon.com/

More game modes planned for updates.

Buy now at the special introductory price!

--
FOLLOW: http://twitter.com/FunMobGames
LIKE: http://facebook.com/FunMobGames
VISIT: http://FunMobGames.com/

goiMot's comments:

06-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks for posting this Lite Version should be out very soon too. We would love any feedback from you helpful people.

Last edited by JasonS; 06-26-2010 at 12:04 AM.

06-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Looks fun Jason. I like these archery type games.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
06-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Wow, wasn't all that interested until I watched the first embedded video.....awesome!

Looks like a great deal of work went into this game and like there is some decent ammount of content and depth here.

Too bad I'm broke atm, or i'd be all over this one

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
06-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks freedog and rich for your kind words. I know what brokeness can feel like For those who have the same feeling, heres some promocodes to ease the pain and keep your mind off it . Any feedback here or itunes reviews would be much appreciated.

NYJTNNARHAH3
P7JPA3KHKTYX
9X4N94399MJ7
MT69MJM9LRXJ

Hope you guys enjoy!
06-26-2010, 01:56 AM
9X4N94399MJ7 taked, thanks!
06-26-2010, 02:00 AM
I didn't use one of the above promos, but will be downloading shortly, cannot wait to play

I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
06-26-2010, 02:06 AM
yeah thanks for the code Jason. I'm already playing it, pretty cool stuff. Great controls and plenty of options for the controls. I've only played 2 games so far but I'm digging it. Well made game, I can tell some good effort went into it. I think the graphics could be better, no other complaints though.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
06-26-2010, 04:13 AM
Ok, I've had a decent time to play & make some progress with BOWloon....my impressions: I'm hooked

freedog mentioned the graphics and I agree, they could us some polish, that aside, the game is fun. It's sort of like Bloons in a virtual 3D landscape. The game is freeroaming and freewilled (time permitting).

The objective is easy enough, use your bow and arrows to take out as many balloons as possible. The great part, for me an arcade-high score junkie, there are tons of variables and combinations. Getting the highest scores is a motivating factor and OpenFeint is integrated for this purpose. As you finish a round by eventually running out of time, you are also presented with your performance stats ie. hit percentage, farthest hit, biggest chain, etc.

You can use a first or 3rd person view and you can choose your character skin color from a broad spectrum of colors, blue, green etc. As freedog mentioned there is a pretty inclusive array of control and game options. There are also more than one map to play.

As I get a chance to play more in-depth I'll come back with what details I can.

Richard

06-26-2010, 04:55 AM
Yeah this reminds me a little of Bowmaster, but with a balloons theme. I think the touch control option works better for me than the tilt. Decent game. Fun.