★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: V.1.2 -OUT NOW!

90 NEW CRADS
PLAY AGAINST MULTI PLATFORM USERS.

Was promoted by FAAD GOLD App by FreeAppADay.com

A TRADING CARD GAME, THATS EASY TO LEARN BUT HARD TO MASTER. You can now Rank Up by pay or play.

NOTE:

Rank Ups are done through $$$ or Arena Points. The requirement of Experience points for Rank Ups through play is higher than that through pay Goto the Arena Office in the app to find out more.

Collect the best Trading Cards as an Arena warrior and become the ultimate Arena Master! Recruit new card warriors, for battle.

Challenge other world wide players online right now.

Play against sophisticated AI opponents online and offline.

The Arena 9 GRID is where the eternal battle between the Arena Warriors is fought. Each one of them aiming to be the most powerful Arena Master!

Begin the game with a handful of warrior cards. Start the battle! Place your cards one by one (alternatively) on the 9 grid. Read the tutorial to learn how to Turn Over your opponents cards. The goal is to have the most cards in your color on and off the grid. Have continuous battles and earn EXPERIENCE POINTS and ARENA POINTS.

Your ARENA POINTS allow you to buy new cards and can help you rank up (if you have enough EXPERIENCE POINTS).

EXPERIENCE POINTS are your right of passage. They allow you to rank up (with the help of some Arena Points). You must achieve a certain level of Experience Points to qualify for the Rank Up.

Improve your rank from APPRECTICE to JOURNEYMAN to ADEPT and then EXPERT.

A higher rank results in you obtaining better cards, when you purchase them with your Arena Points.

In a hurry? Want better cards faster? Want to Rank Up faster? You can but it will cost you.

For increasing your rank through pay the requirement of experience points will be less. When you purchase card packs through pay you will get an assortment of random cards that will cover the full cross section of card strengths no matter which rank you are. You will also be entitled at times to an S type card which cannot be purchased anywhere else.

Read the Arena rules and understand the ways in which you can convert your opponents warrior cards to your color. A battle can only be won if you convert the majority of the warrior cards on the battle grid into your color.

Arena 9 is a wireless world of TCG at your fingertips.. With Openfeint, you can compete on the worldwide leader boards and achievement boards. Better yet, you don't need to create a new online account or have a new login, all you need is an Openfeint account and you are good to go.

Arena 9-HD is available on iPad. Simply use you Openfeint password and your back into the thick of it. Your card packs and data is preserved.

All game data including leaderboards are synced between multiple device and platforms as long as the same Openfeint account is used.

If you dont have internet at any moment don't worry. You can still play against our internal client AI or play against your friend through Bluetooth.

goiMot's comments:

06-26-2010, 12:19 AM
So far this is a good game, similar to the ff8 card game. I've played a few matches and come across something, if you and your opponent draw, the game freezes. You cant even forfeit the match...

06-26-2010, 12:33 AM
CDE has come a long way from their early offerings on iTunes. This looks interesting.

I'd email their customer support.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
06-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Very dissapointing, they're getting too greedy.
I mean come on, to level up we have to pay? No thanks, i'll pass.
06-26-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolymoli View Post
Very dissapointing, they're getting too greedy.
I mean come on, to level up we have to pay? No thanks, i'll pass.
Where do you get that? I guess I need to watch the video?

In the app description:

"Begin the game with a handful of warrior cards. As you play through the game you will earn Arena points to get new Arena Warrior Cards and increase your rank. As you increase in rank so will your ability to get better Arena card warriors."

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
06-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Did you play the game? If not, play it and go to the arena office, this is how it works.
Earn X amount of experience points and then pay 0.99cents to advance in rank (Or level up in other words) and if you want rare cards at the beginning you have to pay 1.99 or .99 and if you want rare cards withouth paying you have to be a high rank, so either way you have to pay, not a free game in my book.
It is fun, but not so fair.
06-26-2010, 01:12 AM
The area where you use your ap points to buy booster packs (arena store) isn't in the same page where you go to 'purchase' your level up (arena office). Mine doesn't load the page properly but it looks like it tries to connect to itunes ingame...
06-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Isn't this the game with the blatant art rip-offs?
06-26-2010, 03:56 AM
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/art...ged-in-arena-9

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/hum...ng-allegations

I advice anyone who's planning to pay for any kind of benefit in this game take a look at the above links first.
07-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Send a message via AIM to Ooo...shiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCat View Post
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/art...ged-in-arena-9

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/hum...ng-allegations

I advice anyone who's planning to pay for any kind of benefit in this game take a look at the above links first.
I was thinking about downloading the game but after I read those articles I don't think I will now. Thanks for the heads up.

That is not a tribute that is piracy, you can tribute an artist without tracing their work and changing the colors.