★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Thibaut Brebant
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 7.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: It can be called Gomoku, Connect 5 or Five in a row. The popularity of this strategy game never decreased.

Indeed, from kids to adults, the rules are well known by everybody. Each turn you put a Blob on the board, and you have to align 5 before your opponent does.

Its easy and fun !

This iPad version include :

Cute and funny graphics
The possibility to play alone or with a friend
4 Difficulty levels
8 Different Blobs
3 Languages : English, French and Japanese

dTb's comments:
Hello everybody !

I am pleased to announce that the first Kaero studio's game is out !
Its name is "Blob Five"... if you are searching a clean and cute "connect five" on iPad, maybe this one is for you !

★ You can play with a friend or against AI (4 levels of difficulty).
An update (already sent to Apple) will make the last difficulty level near unbeatable... for all challenge lovers !
★ You can choose your blobs colors among 8 differents ones.
★ 3 interface languages: english, french and japanese.

Check it out !

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blob-five/id377659558?mt=8

ps: I'm new here, how to insert the full iTunes card into the post ?
06-25-2010, 11:01 PM
[ app info=all ] iTunes link. [ /app info ]

Remove all the spaces to make it all work. Pretty simple. You game looks good. I used to play connect 5 all the time in math class. Quite a challenging game against good players.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

06-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
[ app info=all ] iTunes link. [ /app info ]

Remove all the spaces to make it all work. Pretty simple.
Thank you for the code ! I made it work but I it's quite heavy... maybe it's usefull when you don't want to write a new presentation. I wish to put it into a [ spoiler ] tag but I cannot find one... no matter !

Quote:
You game looks good. I used to play connect 5 all the time in math class. Quite a challenging game against good players.
Thank you again ^^.
My wish was to make a really strong AI. I worked on it long time... and I think I'm really successfull in the upcoming 1.1 update... it's a kind of magic to learn from the software (you made yourself) how to win: I just entered a lot of little piece of code, each one was a little personnal guess on "how to win" and finally... I got (I think) an unbeatable monster...

.. of course, it's "just" a simple "five in a row" AI, not the most difficult game in the world ^^.

I will give promo codes after the 1.1 update have been accepted.
06-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dTb View Post
Thank you for the code ! I made it work but I it's quite heavy... maybe it's usefull when you don't want to write a new presentation. I wish to put it into a [ spoiler ] tag but I cannot find one... no matter !

Thank you again ^^.
My wish was to make a really strong AI. I worked on it long time... and I think I'm really successfull in the upcoming 1.1 update... it's a kind of magic to learn from the software (you made yourself) how to win: I just entered a lot of little piece of code, each one was a little personnal guess on "how to win" and finally... I got (I think) an unbeatable monster...

.. of course, it's "just" a simple "five in a row" AI, not the most difficult game in the world ^^.

I will give promo codes after the 1.1 update have been accepted.
I will be interested in this. I don't want to brag, but I have yet to find an AI for coonect 5 that I have not been able to beat. Doe the computer go first, or does it change back and forth?

06-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
I will be interested in this. I don't want to brag, but I have yet to find an AI for coonect 5 that I have not been able to beat. Doe the computer go first, or does it change back and forth?
OK ! If some people can say the AI is unbeatable (maybe it's not but after more than 500 (surely more) games against and... only 1 victory (I don't know how I managed to do it)) it would be a great commercial !

Do you already own an iPad or are you planning to play on a friend's one ?

ps: the update have been submited wednesday, I think it will available next thursday. The sole difference between the current version and upcoming one is the strength of AI in Devil mode
06-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dTb;
OK ! If some people can say the AI is unbeatable (maybe it's not but after more than 500 (surely more) games against and... only 1 victory (I don't know how I managed to do it)) it would be a great commercial !

Do you already own an iPad or are you planning to play on a friend's one ?

ps: the update have been submited wednesday, I think it will available next thursday. The sole difference between the current version and upcoming one is the strength of AI in Devil mode
I own an iPad. Although I don't think I would have the patience to play 500 games.

06-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Does the computer go first, or does it change back and forth?
I forgot to answer => the player everytime going first
07-01-2010, 01:27 PM
The update 1.1 of Blob Five have been accepted by Apple... I sent you promo code by PM.

I hope you will enjoy duelling with the AI ^^.

Thank you for your feedback or maybe reviews
07-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Any impressions? Is like connect four or like go?
07-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Any impressions? Is like connect four or like go?
+1 Looks really cool!