★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Real Shuffleboard is out

02-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Real Shuffleboard is out

Real Shuffleboard, $0.99

Quote:
Just like drinking a beer, throwing darts, shooting pool, playing a quick game of pinball or air hockey with your friends and putting a quarter in a jukebox to hear your favorite song - playing Real Shuffleboard® offers the classic game of shuffleboard in a realistic "bar-like" setting in full 3D.

You'll be so amazed with the excellent graphics and realistic gameplay that this game may just be more fun than playing at your local bar! The full version is only $0.99 for a limited time!

Game Features (full version) - 2.2 Compatible

* Tune the A.I. for easier or harder gameplay in single mode.

* Track your stats! Wins, losses and winning percentage.

* Realistic 3D graphics, cutting edge camera angles and accurate gameplay.

NEXT UPDATE (1.1)
Our next update will include multiplayer WiFi and a network feature that will allow you to play other users online!
First impressions:

PROS

- Nice graphics
- Subtle sounds

CONS

- No help or tip regarding throwing
- It seems to require a huge gesture to throw the disc(*): it really needs a way to calibrate this (Shuffle Pack throwing design feels more natural)
- You can't tap to accelerate the throwing (you have to patiently wait for it to stop)
- "New Game" button seems to not work properly: sometimes it does not reset the score and right now "Round 2" is always the first in a new game
- Winnings/losses are reset if a new game is started: there's no global statistics

(*) I can't play this game with my kids around!

This is a game with nice potential but it is not as polished as it can easily be. Rate: 2/5.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by salsamd; 02-26-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: pict/description
02-26-2009, 03:38 PM
OK. First impressions added.

02-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
OK. First impressions added.
Hey Carlos, thanks for the review. Did you get the build straight from the App Store or BETA? I'm asking because in preferences you can not only make game play easier, but if you want a faster puck - slide the "Shot Difficulty" meter to "Hard". We really slowed down the speed of the puck because people were finding it a bit too hard to keep a fast-moving puck on the table - I personally like the faster puck because it doesn't require as much travel to shoot.

Any other comments, let me know and we'll do our best to improve the game quickly.
02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
App Store

Consider then a puck speed adjustment. I've tried every options.

02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
will do Carlos, thanks.
02-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappMedia View Post
will do Carlos, thanks.
Great. And I hope you can take care of the other CONS too sooner or later.