Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 AM
iPad

Default ZX Nostalgia (Pulled)

Old 06-26-2010, 02:36 AM
iPhone 4

Okay, I just HAD to get this. Especially after that terrible, incredibly slow Spectrum emulator a while back that got yanked because it allowed custom TAPs/SNAs to be installed.

And one screenshot here showed an ADD button, and I thought, "Ooh, this is gonna get pulled, but not before I grab it!"

Sadly, there is no add button. Damn! False advertising! (No, it isn't hidden-but-accessible as far as I've been able to tell.)

Oh well. It does come with a pretty decent (though brief) assortment of games though -- 14 to be exact:

Ad Astra, Android Two, Barmy Burgers, Bugaboo the Flea, Chuckie Egg, Deathchase, Fantastic Voyage, Fred, Horace Goes Skiing, Manic Miner, Rescate del Tesoro, Starstrike 3D, Trashman, and Wheelie.

And it's correct: This plays full speed on my 3GS at least. Controls are good -- responsive in portrait or landscape. Hey, for a buck? Oh yeah, grab it. Quickly, too, just in case those aren't licensed titles and it gets yanked.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:39 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Oh yeah, grab it. Quickly, too, just in case those aren't licensed titles and it gets yanked.
Yup, exactly the reason I grabbed it even before making this thread. Didnt want to risk it by wasting even a minute
Old 06-26-2010, 02:44 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Yup, exactly the reason I grabbed it even before making this thread. Didnt want to risk it by wasting even a minute
Don't blame you. I'd been hoping to see a real Spectrum emulator turn up after seeing that crap one, but really didn't think someone would bother, so this was a nice surprise -- even if you can't sideload your own stuff.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:54 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

all you mac users out there, just download that widget, i forget it's name. it lets you play all those games on mac.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
all you mac users out there, just download that widget, i forget it's name. it lets you play all those games on mac.
There are plenty of Spectrum emulators for Windows and Mac. That's kind of not the point though. This is a Spectrum in your pocket! Well, bits of one, anyway.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:32 AM

woah! nabbed this in a heartbeat

seems a very competent spectrum emulator, very nice controls although there doesnt appear to be a keyboard in sight (presumably against apples rules).

speed is pretty good on 3G iphone, much much better than the other emulator they pulled some time ago. perhaps not full speed but very near close.

if these games are licensed i see this as a very solid product! the 14 games included are nearly all classics and worth the price alone. if they had charged $10 and had a feature like nescaline to add yer own i wouldnt have complained lol

if yer a retro fan get ya hands on this, may not be around long.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Good Emu, controls better than C64 one which for me is unplayable. The only thing is it seems too fast on my 3gs, hopefully this will be fixed.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:22 AM

I was wondering if Horace Goes Skiing was really that fast in the old days.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Fantastic! This is something to get excited about. I find the controls a little awkward and I often shoot to walk and walk to shoot. No biggie, I'll get the hang of it. I've a funny feeling there was an add button lost in the review process. Anyway, thrilled for 99 cents (that's what she said.)

Oh, anyone else impatiently awaiting Cloanto's Spectrum Forever?
http://www.spectrumforever.com/