★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Every RTS game!

06-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Every RTS game! ( A Real Time Strategy game list )

Hi everyone,
As most of us know RTS games on the iDevice work really well and they are a lot of fun to boot. But I am (I'm sure a lot of other people too) have a hard time finding them all due to the app store's silly search engine. You search "RTS" and you find like two out of 100 search results, same goes for if you search "Real Time Strategy".

So I thought I would make a thread to help me/others locate all of the RTS games, note that my list is the tip of the ice berg but I can/will update this post to include all the findings that you, the loyal TA user finds. If you want you can also add in game impressions on RTS games you have played so that can help others who are interested in said game. (I'm sure the devs of those games won't mind the extra attention either )

Ok so now onto the "list"...

• Red Conquest
  • Warfare INC.
  • Land Air Sea Warfare
  • Grid Wars
  • Dark Fighter
  • Armada
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert
  • Quantum Collapse
  • Strategic Assault
  • Space Harvest
  • Rise of Lost Empires (SkyMuffin)
  • Robocalypse (SkyMuffin)
  • Pocket RTS (ipodrocks123, wmcwmc) [It seems it is not in the US app store.]
  • Art of War 2: Global Confederation (Lord Vader, KDR_11k, wmcwmc)
  • You are Commander (KDR_11k)
  • Silo MAD (KDR_11k)
  • Battlefield Moon (KDR_11K)
  • Westward (wmcwmc)
  • Galcon (Lord Vader, wmcwmc)
  • Galcon Labs (wmcwmc)
  • Battle of WWII (wmcwmc)
  • Pocket Warfare (wmcwmc)
  • TensorG RTS (wmcwmc)
  • Pocket Battle (wmcwmc)
  • Castle Warriors (wmcwmc)
  • Ancient Tribe HD (wmcwmc)
  • Hills and Rivers Remain(wmcwmc, RonBurgundy lolz) [You know... I am gonna add that onto the list because it is pretty much a RTS just different]
  • The Settlers

This is what has been found so far, I'm counting on you to help me complete this list!

"OK, I have found a game I like that has multiplayer! What now?"
So, you have found the perfect RTS for you and you get all super excited to play multiplayer to only go "WTH?! There is nobody on!" then check out here to find others who want to give/receive the beating of a lifetime!

"Ok, I just found out that I suck! What now?"
So, you are in the same boat I am in! (Phew, that makes me feel better) So I thought maybe it might be a good thing to link up some strategy threads! (After all I do want this thread to be a one-stop shop lol)

"Ok, this is a big list and all but I need MOAR! What now?"
So, your undying thirst for some real time goodness is left parched? Well I can't help you there, but these upcoming RTS games just might do the trick!

Originally Posted by DarrenHollywood View Post
We're making an upcoming RTS based off the Warlord table top game for the iPad, Mac, and PC.

Check out our website and blog to keep up on it: www.toolatedev.com

We are currently in the middle of fund raiser to buy more art assets through kickstarter.com. If you help support the game you get things like:
  • A free copy
  • Get to voice a unit in the game
  • Beta access

(So add us to the Upcoming part of the initial post!!)
Haha I guess I wasn't paying attention thanks you guys for the game info! And thank you LordVader for bringing this to my attention lol.

Last edited by RonBurgundy; 07-02-2010 at 06:12 PM.
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Rise of Lost Empires

i'm a pretty kitty cat

06-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Star Wars Battle for Hoth isn't out but it's a RTS

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
06-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by swishinj View Post
Star Wars Battle for Hoth isn't out but it's a RTS
Really? Huh they must have changed it because when it was announced it was going to be a Tower Defense game I thought.

EDIT: Yea its a TD game but some TD games really share a lot of RTS elements like that game called Space Station (especially multiplayer). What do you guys think? Would Space Station be considered a RTS/TD hybrid? Should I include it on the list?

Last edited by RonBurgundy; 06-26-2010 at 11:49 AM.
06-26-2010, 11:54 AM
There was a rts game called pocket rts but I can't fund it anymore:/
06-26-2010, 11:59 AM
LASW is the best imo

I'm what you could call a "casual" mobile gamer.
06-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Huh maybe if the dev doesn't pay that $99/year thing their games get pulled I think... That could be the case.

Got another "maybe RTS" game I need some opinions on. Hills and Rivers Remain, when I played it it felt like a RTS version of risk to me. What do you guys think?
06-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Donovan1209 View Post
LASW is the best imo
Yea I agree, there is just no two ways about it!
(Unless you seek multiplayer >_< but backtothis has said its coming soon so yay!)
06-26-2010, 12:12 PM
You Are Commander
Art of War 2

Space Station Frontier is what I call energy grid tower defense, it's still a TD because you're defending against an asymmetric enemy.

Battlefield Moon is close enough to an RTS to count IMO, it's pretty much like a late 90s hybrid RTS.

I would almost count Silo - Mutual Assured Destruction since the map screen is kinda RTS-y even though the defense aspect is Missile Command.
06-26-2010, 12:15 PM
-Art of War 2: Global Confederation
-Galcon Labs
-Battle of WWII
-Pocket Warfare
-TensorG RTS
-Pocket Battle
-Castle Warriors
-Ancient Tribe HD
-Strategic Assault
-Keep Defenders
-100 vs 100 - Large Scale War
-Hills and Rivers Remain(?)

Beta Tested: iBetatest+Running with Scissors, iBlast Moki, IMO, 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011, Zenonia 2, Touch the Beat Beta Testing: Pentagon Defense