★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Puzzle Game of Year nominee free in store: Kraut

06-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Puzzle Game of Year nominee free in store: Kraut

Thorsten Kohnhorst's iphone classic is brought back by dyerware

Enjoy a 2008 Puzzle Game of the Year nominee on us.

itms://itunes.apple.com/app/kraut-puzzles/id378712608?mt=8

game support: http://www.dyerware.com/main/forum/iphone-applications/

Its free and ad free (so REALLY FREE )

“[...] brilliant graphics, sound effects, cute music, wonderful animations, and an overall sense of style that I rarely see in games. There are so many little notions, florishes, unexpected animations and generally cool things, and it all fits together seamlessly.”
Free App Store Review

“I must say that I am quite impressed by the quality and unique design of the game. It is refreshing to see that not only the [big companies] can come up with well polished and actually fun games!

Kraut has many unique ideas that are well implemented. The well thought out Campaign mode will keep you busy for a long time.”

“If you are looking for a special game in the sea of matching games, Kraut is highly recommended to bring out that inner child and make you happy!
We love this game.”
Green Chicken Labs

2008 “Best Puzzle Game” nominee
http://bestappever.com/awards/2008/winner/gpuz

--
Hanging out in Sector 7G
06-27-2010, 04:41 AM
Thank you.

I read about this game, but could not find it in AppStore,
and now it is back and free

Great twist on the match genre.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

06-27-2010, 04:45 AM
This is my wife's favorite game.
When I saw that it was a separate download I was quite surprised. How different is it from the original version? Why is it free? The game is excellent.
06-27-2010, 04:52 AM
It's a well designed puzzle game with lovely motifs and it's free!
06-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
This is my wife's favorite game.
When I saw that it was a separate download I was quite surprised. How different is it from the original version? Why is it free? The game is excellent.
Its the same game, although recompiled for iphone SDK 3.0.

As for the price, Thorsten thought it should be free.

--
Hanging out in Sector 7G
06-27-2010, 07:14 AM
I remembered seeing this a while back, and on the face of it it reminded me of another good classic Mac OS puzzler, Chrysanthemum.

Free made it a no-brainer, and I've been playing it most of the day! I'm down to just the outer ring in the campaign, well, plus the 'collect 10000 pollen' level, those ones are the only downsides to the game IMO - just spent over an hour on 'collect 5000 pollen' and shudder at the thought that it goes up to 100000. Even with trying to focus on combos and big scorers there are big periods of stalled activity on those levels; all the other puzzle levels are good fun!

The theme lends itself to a pretty game and this certainly doesn't disappoint. And clear, the comment in the app store that the campaign will keep you busy for a long time, is very true. Haven't tried arcade mode yet; it should be very flowery when I get there.

Cheers for the free, it certainly is a polished puzzler.
06-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks! Ill pass on your comments to Thorsten. I'm about where you are in the campaign. It has an interesting dynamic where you suddenly have to care how you eliminate flowers to meet the challenge requirement.

-d

--
Hanging out in Sector 7G
06-27-2010, 04:21 PM

06-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Game Impressions

Excellent game, my wife loves it.
06-27-2010, 09:12 PM
An unbelievable deal at free as it is CHOCK-O-BLOCK FULL of content and twists! I like how the game uses its achievement system to unlock content AND that you can therefore exactly what each achievement will earn you (or inversely which achievement is tied to unlocking some of the game's additional content like bigger boards.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews