★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Walnut JZ
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 31.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 2 (1)
App description: Pilot your fighter to against alien enemies.
Each level is a total new fun experience.Alien Combat provides fantastic gameplay for every one enjoys playing with iPhone and iPod Touch.

Features:
- Many different enemy types and devilish big bosses
- 7 levels
- Crisp, eye-catching graphics,smooth animations
- Realistic sound effects
- Fully utilizes the accelerometer and touch screen to provide a unique gameplay experience
06-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Looks old school enough for me.
The art is reminiscent of the golden 16bits era, therefore, another instant buy.

06-27-2010, 06:40 AM
Game Impressions

Hi guys, i've been lurking for ages, but only just registered because i was so angry when i saw this game- sorry that my first post has to be so negative...

I'd advise against buying this one until we can get some confirmation from the devs, but the graphics here have clearly been stolen from the 1993 SNES game, Biometal.

Hopefully this is a fully-licensed version, although the itunes listing doesn't say much about it.

I really hope that it IS licensed, since as we all know the app store is lacking classically-styled horizontal shmups, but ripping off someone else's work is not an acceptable way to fill that void.
06-27-2010, 07:15 AM
the controls are bad!
06-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post
Hi guys, i've been lurking for ages, but only just registered because i was so angry when i saw this game- sorry that my first post has to be so negative...

I'd advise against buying this one until we can get some confirmation from the devs, but the graphics here have clearly been stolen from the 1993 SNES game, Biometal.

Hopefully this is a fully-licensed version, although the itunes listing doesn't say much about it.

I really hope that it IS licensed, since as we all know the app store is lacking classically-styled horizontal shmups, but ripping off someone else's work is not an acceptable way to fill that void.
the app store is full of ripped off works, apple doesn't care unless someone that holds a valid license complains.
06-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Healy
I love the ol' stolen SNES graphics! Cunningly good!

spriter
06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
hmm.. seems like this'll be pulled soon. How do the controls work?
06-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Healy
according to the guy above us, they aren't so good. I'd get this before it's pulled, biometal was a fun game.

spriter
06-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm gonna resist getting this. Don't want to support devs who steal.
06-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post

Doubt that it's licensed. And yes, the graphics are essentially pilfered from BioMetal, with just a bit of horizontal scaling. Anybody curious to see the original, you can check out this gallery in Mobygames.

It's one thing to make a clone of a game; another to copy the graphics off of an emulator screen and simply plop them into your own game. The dev should be ashamed.