★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Mixing action based and puzzle mechanics in a 3D world, Voodoo Dice is an innovative, challenging puzzler that plays with your mind to lead you to solve puzzles in unique and interesting ways. Encounter a funny and original universe, with great style and vibe, travel between different maps, defeat your enemies and solve enigmas.
06-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Now that looks like a fun puzzler!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

06-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Now that looks like a fun puzzler!
It's kind of not, though. I've got it on XBLA and they run out of ideas for puzzles really early into the game, so it turns into an action game with killer dice speeding around and stuff to avoid and curses that invert your controls and stuff. It's mainly an exercise in frustration with no puzzles at all.

Disclaimer: Of course, they could have made an entirely new version for iPhone with none of those issues.
06-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
It's kind of not, though. I've got it on XBLA and they run out of ideas for puzzles really early into the game, so it turns into an action game with killer dice speeding around and stuff to avoid and curses that invert your controls and stuff. It's mainly an exercise in frustration with no puzzles at all.

Disclaimer: Of course, they could have made an entirely new version for iPhone with none of those issues.
Are you serious? The sudden switch in genre sounds a bit far-fetched.

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
06-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
Are you serious? The sudden switch in genre sounds a bit far-fetched.
Completely serious, I'm afraid
06-27-2010, 07:28 AM
It does look good, but I think I'll wait for some impressions and a video before I decide.

I downloaded the XLA version and it was pretty bad IMO, won't be buying this.

Last edited by Obscure; 06-27-2010 at 10:35 AM.
06-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Here is one version's You Tube that I found. Don't know how it translates to this one but it's something at least:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by DaveMc99; 06-27-2010 at 10:04 AM.
06-27-2010, 11:11 AM
This is also in the PS3 store. I tried the demo but didn't really care for it.
06-27-2010, 01:43 PM
From the look of the videos (there is a version for an awful lot of systems it appears) I found it looks like Diamond Island or Nintaii game mechanics? But maybe the added moves can only be made from the number on the dice? I can't quite see what the dice does yet. But I am definitely giving it a look when released in the US!

(thanks Dave!)
06-27-2010, 02:34 PM
There are dice blocking the way, and to get them out of the way you have to roll your die next to them so that the number on the top of yours matches the number on the top of the one that's blocking you. That's the only dice-based activity within.