★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Some apps and games been enjoying last couple of days

10-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Some apps and games been enjoying last couple of days

Here's some apps been goofing around last couple days with.

Diner Dash $5 (decent...quick tap much preferred over mouse clicking on Mac)

Liquid $1 using it to make lots of Kai Power Goo type images of my kids and kids like it too. More entertaining than Koi Pond IMHO which isn't saying much but still.

Finally broke down and bought USA TODAY Crosswords $5. I think those Quick Cross 4 x 4 grids are totally fun.

Brushes $1 this one is way cool. My wife plans to make some good paintings I can show since I suck at art.

Score $2 just rediscovered this gem. Absolute must if your into German Board Games. Maybe only small niche I guess. Oh well still great for us that into games like RA, Puerto Rico, Agricola for instance.

MathTables $1 waiting till new update is out that shows 4 instead of previous 3 digits in circle. Think this one is best of best math games out there.

FS5 Hockey (free) one geez I'm thinking it really is better than that $1 Air Hockey game. It says it shows ads after 5 mins which I've seen. This is question I have. It says first time you start it must have internet connection so is that first time ever or each time you start it up? Guess I need to test this. I really think anything that requires a internet connection each and everytime you start an app/game, cough 21 Sponsored BlackJack cough, shouldn't even be allowed on the app store.

Games I still need to play more to get a feel for are Numba, Consumed (still need to check original attax rules can you jump one 2 spaces then go left or right? hmmm. HiqUpLite only done couple levels that was a week ago or so. Think I might actually end up liking this one. Virus need to play more got it for $1. My kids like it but gotta make sure it wasn't just those 2 days they've played it. Not sure if replay value is there or not.

Regret purchasing Camerabag $3 down the drain.

Last edited by mrbass; 10-16-2008 at 05:59 PM.
10-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Agreed camera bag was a bust nothing special that you cant do on photoshop. Definitely like dinner dash and cross words FS5 hockey is definitely a steal tho have you gotten raging thunder is it worth the 4 or is GTS worth the 3 bucks??
Cheers

CloneWars

10-16-2008, 07:11 PM
my favorite games and what i have been playing for the last week and right now are

galcon, totally addictive, esp with online play

reign of swords, good turn based strategy

knots, free and its like twister for your fingers, but with clothes on

cubic man , on level 80 out of 100 right now cause back on the ipods 2.0 software it kept crashing, the ipod not the game, and i always had to restart it...it is fun

fieldrunners for or TD game right now

beer bounce....kills some time with no mess

phit....it gets challenging but it is relaxing

lux touch...its risk

trace
10-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Letely I've been into

FieldRunners, because it's awesome.
Nanosaur, I'm absolutely horrible at it so far, but I like it a lot, crappy save system and all.
Loot Wars, it's simple, but fun.
Imangi, probably the best word game I've ever played.
X-Plane, I just got this recently and I really like it. I'm not even sure why I like it.
Galcon, of coarse.
Sprocket, it didn't catch on much, but I like it a lot. When you get towards the end of the puzzles they really make you think.
10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
@notyou

i have sprocket, but there is something about it, it drives me nuts, but the laying of gears doesnt seem right to me for some reason...maybe i haven't played it enough and it takes some time to get use to...
10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
@notyou

i have sprocket, but there is something about it, it drives me nuts, but the laying of gears doesnt seem right to me for some reason...maybe i haven't played it enough and it takes some time to get use to...
It took me a few levels to really get it. Only certain gears can fit certain other gears and only in certain spots. It's all right on graphically. If you look real close (and rack your brain) you can see what should fit. There's almost a weird math to it.
10-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Only certain gears can fit certain other gears and only in certain spots.
i think thats it, i was thinking any gear would fit as long as they were touching, which doesnt work in the real world so why would that fuzzy logic work in the game...thanks for pointing that out.....i'll give it another go
10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Letely I've been into

FieldRunners, because it's awesome.
Nanosaur, I'm absolutely horrible at it so far, but I like it a lot, crappy save system and all.
Loot Wars, it's simple, but fun.
Imangi, probably the best word game I've ever played.
X-Plane, I just got this recently and I really like it. I'm not even sure why I like it.
Galcon, of coarse.
Sprocket, it didn't catch on much, but I like it a lot. When you get towards the end of the puzzles they really make you think.
How is Nanosaur? I was thinking of getting it for a video review.
10-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlake02 View Post
How is Nanosaur? I was thinking of getting it for a video review.
There's a whole thread with everyone freaking out back and forth about it. It has a crappy save system that only lets you save after each level (each long level).

Personally I like it a lot. Even though you can't save, it's no big deal because the game's fun. There's a lot of action so it's not like you go through the same thing over and over. My only problem with it is it's really hard. That might just be me though. I'm not used this kind of game and I REALLY suck at it. I keep going back t it though.

I would recommend it. It's a lot of game for the the money. Should be with the $10 games easily.
10-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks

Found the thread you were talking about.. quite a flame war