★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Prisoner 84 - Hidden Games

06-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Prisoner 84 - Hidden Games

Hi Everyone,

John again at Hidden. Been a long six months but I can now announce the game my friend and I have been working on as Hidden Games.

Prisoner 84

Prisoner 84 is a game that takes place on Tryton; a maximum security rig situated a few miles offshore. Prisoner 84 wants to escape and the game takes you through his story.
It is a 3rd person action/adventure, with a bit more emphasis on the adventure with puzzle solving throughout the game.

Hopefully we will be sending this to Apple very soon, and will keep everyone updated along the way. You can also keep up to date via our blog at http://www.hiddengames.co.uk

UPDATE
Moved to the release forum here...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=61106

Teaser Vid

Youtube link | Pop Up

(Update)
Images

Cheers

Last edited by HiddenJ; 07-15-2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Release date
06-27-2010, 12:15 PM
That's looking pretty impressive. Atmospheric environments and good graphics at the very least. Will this feature any iPad or iPhone 4 enhancements?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

06-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
That's looking pretty impressive. Atmospheric environments and good graphics at the very least. Will this feature any iPad or iPhone 4 enhancements?
Cheers Mindfield,

At the moment, it's very iPod/iPhone orientated, it works all the way back to 1st Gen iPods on 2.2.1 which is what I own and develop on, so everything had to fit around that.

However, I don't think there would be too much of a problem to beef a few things up for the iPad once I've update myself to the all the latest SDKs and look into some cool updates.
06-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Nice trailer video!
06-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Nice trailer video!
Agreed. The graphics look a bit PS1-ish, but the music helps to give it atmosphere, and I like the fact that the focus will be more on adventure/puzzles rather than on action -- exactly what made the early Silent Hill games work so well.
06-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Graphics looks good,
looking forward to this one.
06-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Will this be sandbox style or linear?

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
06-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the thumbs up chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Agreed. The graphics look a bit PS1-ish, but the music helps to give it atmosphere, and I like the fact that the focus will be more on adventure/puzzles rather than on action -- exactly what made the early Silent Hill games work so well.
Yes we're trying to get a good mix of Res Evil (new and old)/Silent Hill with some good old fashioned puzzles in there. We're a two man team and we're trying to push graphically as far as we can go but still allow everyone down to 1st gen users to still play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro
Will this be sandbox style or linear?
It's fairly linear, it does open gradually but there are various parts that you can do in different orders and it unlocks different parts of the prison. There's a few secrets and extras all over the game as well, so you are free to go looking for things like that.
07-04-2010, 02:11 AM
woooooooooooooow ... i swear am gonna love this game woow..first of all i adore horror games especially the resident evil and silent hill combined games...and form trailer and screenshots o gotta say that will be one hell of a game hidden J ..but really woow can't really wait for this awesome horror game...but is there a specific release date?
07-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Send a message via MSN to oaqque
wow looks impressive

My Twitter
Beta Tester for: PopTweets, Matmi, Dr Nano X, Monster Madness
New Reporter and Reviewer for TouchAholics