★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Assassin's Creed > PoP:WW

06-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Assassin's Creed > PoP:WW

I jus got assassin's creed :altair chronicles when it went on sale for 99 cents and I'm enjoying it ALOT more than prince of persia, is this weird?
I kinda played PoP once then never played it again, but assassin's creed has me wanting to play until i beat it.
06-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Wait til you get to parts where you die over and over and over, and have to wait for it to load over and over and over.

Wait the hells the point of this thread?
Yes I think you're weird?

You're welcome.

06-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Yes that's very weird. Sorry. But PoP.....is just mindblowingly awesome
06-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Nothing weird about it. You just happen to have bad taste.
06-28-2010, 04:46 AM
I think PoP sucks. Played it on PC and when I saw and played it on my friend's iPhone, I must say it looks like crap and there are way too many loading times. The Assassin's Creed you play on iPhone however was developed for mobile platforms, thus it looks and plays as what mobile games are supposed to look and play. Though I don't really like AC on iPhone, I hate PoP because:
1. not original
2. too pricy (the game developer, in this case Ubisoft, had their share of profit from the franchise, so the price tag should not be that high, but... you have gameloft doing the porting, which is why it's so expensive)
3. too many loading times
4. no bonus whatsoever for the iPhone port (no new level, no new enemy, nothing, just a straightforward port)
5. and one word, Gameloft (the money leecher who doesn't live up to expectations)

So don't be too harsh on nkflier23, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Squarezero, come on man, seriously... judge games, not gamer.
06-28-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongkykun View Post
I think PoP sucks. Played it on PC and when I saw and played it on my friend's iPhone, I must say it looks like crap and there are way too many loading times. The Assassin's Creed you play on iPhone however was developed for mobile platforms, thus it looks and plays as what mobile games are supposed to look and play. Though I don't really like AC on iPhone, I hate PoP because:
1. not original
2. too pricy (the game developer, in this case Ubisoft, had their share of profit from the franchise, so the price tag should not be that high, but... you have gameloft doing the porting, which is why it's so expensive)
3. too many loading times
4. no bonus whatsoever for the iPhone port (no new level, no new enemy, nothing, just a straightforward port)
5. and one word, Gameloft (the money leecher who doesn't live up to expectations)

So don't be too harsh on nkflier23, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Squarezero, come on man, seriously... judge games, not gamer.
I usually do. In this case, it can't be helped.

BTW, if you were talking about AC2, it would be a different story. Oh, and Altair Chronicles? Gameloft. Judge the game, not the publisher.
06-28-2010, 06:29 AM
touche buddy, touche.
06-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Nothing weird about it. You just happen to have bad taste.
Hey! He has.... Ow yah.... He does I bet he wears leg warmers.
06-28-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongkykun View Post
touche buddy, touche.
To be fair, I agree with your general point (about the wisdom of designing for the platform, instead of just porting a console game).
06-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
To be fair, I agree with your general point (about the wisdom of designing for the platform, instead of just porting a console game).
Thank you. Although I don't mind some square-enix ported games though, because at least they make the controls work and they are careful enough not to stress the hardware.