★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Doodle Find - FREE (Now Universal + iPhone 4)

06-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to klicktock
Doodle Find - FREE (Now Universal + iPhone 4)

FINALLY got around to updating Doodle Find with Hi-Res graphics. As well as switching it over to a Universal App, I managed to build in support for the iPhone 4 hi-res display.

The iPad version actually has an extra column of objects as I had a little bit of screen space left over.

Hope you all like it!
06-29-2010, 10:46 PM
This game rocks. It's simple and incredibly hard to kick butt in the times.

And it's free, and a pretty decent free version. A lot of the free ones leave much to be desired. Not here.

I'm not sure, though, exactly the difference between the free and pro versions.

Thoughts?

Anyway, keep up the good work guys!

06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks!

The Paid version of Doodle Find has no more adverts. And I also added a new mode called "Marathon" mode which has no timer. You keep finding as many objects as you can. If you fail to find one - the game is over.

I'm going to be adding a few more game modes exclusive to Doodle Find Pro in the future. (Including a "kids" mode).
06-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Does this game have leaderboards ?
06-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klicktock View Post
Thanks!

The Paid version of Doodle Find has no more adverts. And I also added a new mode called "Marathon" mode which has no timer. You keep finding as many objects as you can. If you fail to find one - the game is over.

I'm going to be adding a few more game modes exclusive to Doodle Find Pro in the future. (Including a "kids" mode).
PERFECT. You add kids mode and I am in like Flynn.

The reason I got the game was for my kids (who are 5) and it is a bit tough for them, so to have a version for them too? Fantastic!
06-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Oh, and cranker, it does indeed have leaderboards!
06-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
PERFECT. You add kids mode and I am in like Flynn.

The reason I got the game was for my kids (who are 5) and it is a bit tough for them, so to have a version for them too? Fantastic!
Yeah the kids mode will give them no hints, but give them plenty of time to sound out the words, then once they've found 20 or so objects the game will end and they'll get an award.

I've had a few requests for actually reading the words, but I think that could be out of scope. I need to think about that one!

For those who are reading this - it's a game not aimed at children. It's a game aimed at EVERYONE and it actually throws up quite a challenge. There's some pretty good players on the scoreboard with some very impressive scores.
06-30-2010, 02:37 AM
It is most certainly a challenging game for adults, the graphics might be "kid like" but that adds to the appeal in the difficulty of the game.

Having something geared toward kids would be great though, as the art style is appealing to younger players, and parents such as myself are always looking for games to stimulate the mind, which a game like this most certainly does!

As for the speaking, why not just have a non colored icon of what the search item is? I think that would be great. Just maybe designate one color to be used for the example? Then no talking would be needed!
07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
excellent game, i've left +ve feedback on itunes. just wondering, is there off-line leaderboards/highscores in the paid version? these things are important as not everyone has facebook or net access.
07-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I only see facebook leaderboards. I would want openfeint or the equivalent to buy the full version.

Facebook, Twitter etc..........are for high scores.