★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: fun bean
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This is a fun game: fingers crossed on the screen to narrow the space villains. Crossed when the face do not touch the villain is not closed line can continue.

There are 3 game modes:

Challenge Mode: constantly challenging the limits of minimum area
Clearance mode: each level to achieve the objectives of the customs clearance area can be
Battle mode: via Bluetooth and with friends around the crossed to the other side make it difficult, but they do not touch line.

Why wait? And global players to play together. . . .
06-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Not sure what this game is all about text or screenshots don't really help
06-28-2010, 05:17 PM
codes available in the pc section.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
06-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Hey, thanks for making a thread fd

Anyhoo, I got one of those promos earlier and this game, for me, is maddeningly addictive. I never even knew I liked Qix/Jezzball style games until 2 years ago when I got my first iDevice. The genre fits a touchscreen system like it was designed for them.

If you've never played one of these type of games there is a pretty good one that was free last I knew: Jezster. Check it out to get an idea of gameplay. My personal favorite is Zone Out and I think it's 4 or 5 bucks.

Now back to the game at hand, X-Space. The controls and everything are fine and to my liking. Graphics are simple, but that's no problem, the cleaner the playing field the better my concentration is

At first when I fired it up earlier, besides the graphics being minimalist, I felt something was missing right off. Well, there is but there isn't. See X-Space has no power-ups, no gimicks, just sheerly you and that damn flying emoticon. It took me a few games to realize just how much I like the way this plays and is presented. It also seems w/o all the boosts and freeze rays & such the developer is forced to find a very solid balance of the smiley face's movements and behaviors. I find, so far, the devs have done a very nice job striking a challenging balance.

One thing I have noticed the AI of smiles if somewhat predictable at the start of each game/round in that there are multiple angles in the bottom right quadrant of the game board where he'll start. I'm not sure why the devs did this, but if , as I suspect, it's to keep the player from being too overwhelmed then hopefully they'll keep that pattern in tact as a "normal" mode and institute a completely randomized enemy entry as an advanced difficulty.

There are two single player modes: challenge mode and level mode. There is also p2p through Bluetooth.

As I said this is about my favorite genre of gaming on the iDevice and as i've played over the last couple of hours, X-Space is running a close second to Zone Out as my fav. These levels/boards in X-Space play somewhat quicker than ZO and I feel each represents two totally different play elements within the same genre.

I like it and hope the developers continue to support this great game. It is OpenFeint enabled with a leaderboard for each single-player mode.

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
06-29-2010, 02:42 PM
I know I could have just edited the above post, but I thought I'd give this game thread a bump in the process

One very important thing I forgot to detail above whereas the conventional games of this genre allow you to steer within the gameboard. X-Space is unique in that once you send your line in motion, it's a set path. Sound too simple? It's not. It make for a fun, challenging game.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon