★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chen Hao
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Jelly roll is free for a limited time in association with www.DailyAppDream.com. Check out the site, or download the Daily App Dreams App to find out about the other free apps on offer each day!"
A poor penguin is trapped in the jell and have nothing to do except roll to escape. The players must roll the penguin to reach the Space Transmission Hole in as few steps as possible while avoiding its falling out of boundaries.

Since there are quite many kinds of pavement and machinery, the escape requires careful tryouts, space imagination and tactical moves. For example, there are cracked grounds that only allow horizontal crossing, cutting system that would cut the penguin into halves. Players will have to avoid them or use them wisely enough to finish the task.

Roll on, jelly penguin!

Features:
Double operating styles: Leaning your phone or dragging your finger
Various pavement and machinery
LeaderBoard and Achievement system based on OpenFeint
Cute art style
06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Reminded me of Nintaii, and since I love that game I took a chance on this (and replied saying so earlier but that reply appears now lost in the ether). The 3 minute impression is that if you like Nintaii you'll probably like this, too. It's more animated, but in this kind of game I'm not if that's a benefit or not. I don't care for the sound effects, but the block you are maneuvering is good looking. I've found the controls just a bit too responsive, but otherwise it plays well.

If you don't know how to play this kind of game, you'll figure it out pretty quickly. The translation work for help in-game is not quite up to the presentation and polish of the game itself. Certainly worth a buck if you already know you like this kind of game.

06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
06-28-2010, 10:41 PM
06-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Looks pretty good, graphics look amazing. Anyone have impressions?

Playing! MC2: Black Pegasus, Super Mega Worm, Parachute Panic, Fruit Ninja, Sonic 4, Reckless Racing, Samurai II: Vengence
@parkerewan
06-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bok Choy View Post
Looks pretty good, graphics look amazing. Anyone have impressions?
you can try lite version

http://itunes.apple.com/app/jelly-roll-free/id377177692?mt=8
07-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Currently free. Liking this more as I play it more.