★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Omino Full game now on limited time offer!

OPEN FEINT NOW AVAILABLE!!! Thanks for your comments! We are working to make Omino way better!

Anyone who enjoys old-school platformer action should give this one a try

Games like Omino are a rarity on the iPhone, and I can't understand why
There's plenty of action, plenty of powerups...

It has bright artwork, great and responsive controls
Youll immediately realize how addictive the game is ..then youll purchase; its an instant reaction!

Really nice looking game and features bright, pixelated environments and characters that really do take you back to old-school 16-bit platform games

IMPORTANT: For those that are having difficulty figuring out how to pass the "big jump" in the second level, please check out our gameplay on the website or on youtube at the link below.
Hint: It requires a Blu Drop. Check out all the blu/red boxes before the jump.

Make sure you hit the blue and red blocks with Omino's head as you will find some will have power ups!
Blue Drop: Omino can walk on water
Red Hat: Omino can fire
Please feel free to contact us for any clarification-suggestion.
2 new updates will be ready soon! Including Instructions.

Watch the GamePlay:

For the lovers of the classics from the 80' s, "OMINO" is finally available for iPhone and iPod Touch.
This fantastic game will take you back to your childhood days, and if you are too young to remember the 80's then you can experience it for the first time!

The first 2 levels of Omino are available for free. Download it now and enter his world!
If you are ready to explore the whole adventure, buy all the zones with a one time inApp Purchase.

Enter the Omino' s world, explore all its zones and try to take advantage of all the power ups during your journey.

What are you waiting for?
06-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Send a message via AIM to Ooo...shiny
Ok so downloaded it cause I liked the retro look and so far I really like it. It's a little hard to get used to the movements of your character, he moves really fast.

You stated that this is a classic, but I can't find any info on the web about the game. What system was it on that makes it a classic?

The power ups may need a little explanation. It took me a while to figure out when I'm blue I can walk on water.

Otherwise great game. Thanks!

*I am assuming you are the developer as I have addressed the questions as such.

Last edited by Ooo...shiny; 06-29-2010 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Clarification

06-29-2010, 12:33 AM
It's not a classic. It's retro inspired, goimot must have misread the first sentence in the mad dash to create a thread for it
07-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Grongrats to the front site article.
Here are my two cents.

Tried the 2 test levels, immediately purchased the full game. It gets challenging quickly. What I really LOVE: the ultra-tight controls – to me the best controls of any platformer on the idevices. Just quick and spot-on. It's always your fault, if you die.

But I would love to see a bit more polish. The music is a bit too basic for my retro taste. And the style could get some changes here and there. I don't like the style of all these 2-colored boxed. Isn't that beautiful. Besides that, it's really fun to play.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

Last edited by your personal robot; 07-05-2010 at 01:43 PM.
07-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Bought the DLC before Apple removes it... I think the game could use bigger buttons and a better looking control pad, something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-07-05 at 1.15.16 PM.png
Views:	3
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	20185  

I'm what you could call a "casual" mobile gamer.
07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Why exactly should Apple remove this? This is stupid.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazuli
Bought it. very crisp controls make this a great game, and of course the occasional similarities to a certain SNES game don't hurt either

07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I also fell in love with the game the moment I saw it. Bought, I'm currently on level 3-2. I agree with the robot - a little more polish here and there wouldn't hurt.

A little trivia: "omino" in italian means "small man", and it's a way many people here generically refer to videogames characters, especially if they are small cute characters like this one.
07-05-2010, 02:34 PM
How did I MISS this?!?

HUGE ups to BP and TA for the FP story.

Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
07-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Sure looks like something worth trying out at least!

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms