★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Blork
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4 (2)
App description: WHAT IS BLÖRK?

Plunged into a crazy and quirky world, Blörk invites you to embody a Klörx, a tricky alien species that enjoys kidnapping human sleepwalkers while they're asleep. In Blörk, you don't control the sleepwalkers but the world they evolve in. Explore cosmic environments, urban universes and a lot more all along the trip to celebrity!
HOW TO PLAY?

Developed for iPhone and iPod Touch, Blörk offers a new way of playing platform games thanks to simple and intuitive controls. You control the world by manipulating the level (rotation, dash...) while the touch screen allows you to interact with the environment and its elements such as platforms, bumpers...

As you don't control the main character, you must prevent the sleepwalker from falling, encountering enemies and other obstacles. If the sleepwalker falls, touch him to get him back on his feet.

FEATURES

TILT THE WORLD!

Tilt, rotate and dash to get the sleepwalker to the end without waking him up.

MOVE AND CRUSH!

Play with platforms, monsters, walls, and many more

THREE ENVIRONMENTS!

Tilt your way through 18 different levels in town, space and at night.

DISCOVER CRAZY SLEEPWALKERS!

Experience 2 different sleepwalkers with different gameplay.

CATCHY SOUNDTRACK!

Listen it one time and you wont get it out of your head!

Devilishly Good's comments:
Not sure if it has DLC or not...

06-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Looks cute. Downloading.

06-30-2010, 02:03 AM
i'll give it a try, downloading too.
06-30-2010, 02:29 AM
I have this. It is a neat little platform puzzler. Everyone who love that genre should definitely check this out (after all, it is free now).

Apple: Iphone 4S - os 8.2/ Ipod touch 4G - os 6.1/ Ipad 2 - os 5.0.1
Android: LG G2 - os 4.2.2 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G - os 4.4.2
06-30-2010, 03:47 AM
Interesting platformer but I've hard time with the tilt controls (and yes, I didn't like Rolando because it's a tilt platformer ).

The character walks all the time and you have to tilt your iPhone to prevent him to wake up when the ground goes up or down (the hero falls if you don't tilt at the right moment and after some times, he wakes up). There are tilt jumps too (I really suck at this part ).
I saw only the first 3 levels, so I met few ennemies but you have to tap them to make them disappear. Nice but not easy when you are tilting your iPhone for a jump.
The first levels are tutorials and there are 19 levels for the moment. I didn't see in app-purchase.

As it's free and polished, people who like tilt platformers have to look at the game
06-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi,

I'm (very) glad you like our game but ... we never intended to publish it yet, i must have messed up with itunes publishing website options, i only wanted an approval from Apple

Anyway, Blork is a game made by a group of 6 students (plus a great animator), during our last year as student in game design. We plan to keep it free, and i've no idea if we'll make more content, because we'll all start a real job in the industry in the next few days

We'll polish it as much as we can, there is still currently a few odd things with collisions, and a few other things had to be disabled prior to our game presentation to keep it stable, that's why we'd better hold it a bit longer.

I'll bookmark this forum to post again once it will be (at last) fully available

Best Regards,

Maxime, Kzi, Gaffé

www.blork-thegame.com

Last edited by Kzi; 06-30-2010 at 07:44 AM.
06-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Hmm...itunes says it is no longer available... I'll try to remember to come back and try it once it returns to the store.
06-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzi View Post
Hi,

I'm (very) glad you like our game but ... we never intended to publish it yet, i must have messed up with itunes publishing website options, i only wanted an approval from Apple

Anyway, Blork is a game made by a group of 6 students (plus a great animator), during our last year as student in game design. We plan to keep it free, and i've no idea if we'll make more content, because we'll all start a real job in the industry in the next few days

We'll polish it as much as we can, there is still currently a few odd things with collisions, and a few other things had to be disabled prior to our game presentation to keep it stable, that's why we'd better hold it a bit longer.

I'll bookmark this forum to post again once it will be (at last) fully available

Best Regards,

Maxime, Kzi, Gaffé

www.blork-thegame.com
Looking forward to the official release. And best of luck for the "real" job.
06-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
Interesting platformer but I've hard time with the tilt controls (and yes, I didn't like Rolando because it's a tilt platformer ).

The character walks all the time and you have to tilt your iPhone to prevent him to wake up when the ground goes up or down (the hero falls if you don't tilt at the right moment and after some times, he wakes up). There are tilt jumps too (I really suck at this part ).
I saw only the first 3 levels, so I met few ennemies but you have to tap them to make them disappear. Nice but not easy when you are tilting your iPhone for a jump.
The first levels are tutorials and there are 19 levels for the moment. I didn't see in app-purchase.

As it's free and polished, people who like tilt platformers have to look at the game
Damnit! I'm jealous now, seeing as this has been pulled and you got to play it.

Invaders Must Die.
10-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Hey guys!

Just a little message to inform you that the game has been released today as we took it off the App Store latest June. We made some fixes, added some screens for tutorial and changed some visuals.

It took us some time to release it again as we were all busy with our internship in game companies. But finally did it at last

We would have liked to have more sleepwalkers but we didn't get the chance to do it, lack of time :/

We hope you will like it and share it, and don't hesitate to make any comments. The game is FREE.

Thanks,

Karl
Team Blörk
http://www.blork-thegame.com/