★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Trenches HD coming soon!

06-30-2010, 03:58 AM
Trenches HD coming soon!

We are proud to announce that Trenches HD, the iPad Specific Version to the popular game of Trenches of the iPhone with over 1.7 million downloads, will come to an AppStore near you!

We understand that our fans are eagerly anticipating an iPad specific version of Trenches and not some cheap port, so that is exactly what we are providing. Check out the screenshot below:

How is this version adapted to the iPad?

Expanded Battlefield: The iPad has much more screen space than the iPhone so we have decided to expand the battlefield to increase the strategy, such as allowing units to flank and more!

Overhead Minimap: The overhead minimap that you can see at the top of the screen allows you to monitor and quickly respond to changing events on the battlefield! Tap on the map and the screen will zip you over to that location.

Military Adviser: Your military adviser can instruct you on strategies to employ or actons to take on the ver changing battlefield.

Action Feed: The action feed will inform you of specific events that take place on the battlefield, such as incoming artillery or the loss of a unit, such as a sniper. Tap on the feedback message to narrow in on the event.
06-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGameWorks View Post
We are proud to announce that Trenches HD, the iPad Specific Version to the popular game of Trenches of the iPhone with over 1.7 million downloads, will come to an AppStore near you!

We understand that our fans are eagerly anticipating an iPad specific version of Trenches and not some cheap port, so that is exactly what we are providing. Check out the screenshot below:

How is this version adapted to the iPad?

Expanded Battlefield: The iPad has much more screen space than the iPhone so we have decided to expand the battlefield to increase the strategy, such as allowing units to flank and more!

Overhead Minimap: The overhead minimap that you can see at the top of the screen allows you to monitor and quickly respond to changing events on the battlefield! Tap on the map and the screen will zip you over to that location.

Military Adviser: Your military adviser can instruct you on strategies to employ or actons to take on the ver changing battlefield.

Action Feed: The action feed will inform you of specific events that take place on the battlefield, such as incoming artillery or the loss of a unit, such as a sniper. Tap on the feedback message to narrow in on the event.
Wow looks awesome!!! How will this be priced?? I'm hoping it won't be far off the iPhone version, having so many iPad ports at crazy prices is becoming very annoying

Please help me by voting for my Doodle God contest entry here! Thanks!!

06-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Send a message via MSN to oaqque
woah its like a whole new game

My Twitter
Beta Tester for: PopTweets, Matmi, Dr Nano X, Monster Madness
New Reporter and Reviewer for TouchAholics
06-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaqque View Post
woah its like a whole new game
Good to know that devs are finally understanding that mere iPhone ports aren't enough for players to repay

Please help me by voting for my Doodle God contest entry here! Thanks!!
06-30-2010, 04:49 AM
have an iPhone version fun game
Good Luck

and we use the same texture for the ground
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=59532
06-30-2010, 11:30 AM
This really looks like a war zone. I definitely like the simpleness of the game at first, but then it reveals strategy. If this has these new functions, will the iPhone & iPad be able to play in iPhone multiplayer together, or will iPhones only play iPhone versions & iPads play each other.
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
The iPhone version looks great on the iPad but I love how the field size is increased in the iPad version.
06-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Wow, this makes me wish I had an iPad

All networks: sidewinder12s
Currently Obsessed with: Tilt to Live, Doodle Army, Solomon's Keep, Fruit Ninja, Space Miner, Generals.
Beta tested: Victory Day, Leave Devil Alone, Astro Dodge, 9 Innings, Gravity Runner
06-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder12s View Post
Wow, this makes me wish I had an iPad
Yeah, same for me.

Beta tester for Pocket God, Minigore, Towers of War, Airstrike Defense & 9 Innings 2011 - Join TAD - Join TAD: Touch Arcade Defenders! and Canucks of TA - Contact me if you want your game translated or betatested!
07-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu914 View Post
Yeah, same for me.
Perhaps we will hold another iPad giveaway contest in honor of Trenches HD?