★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MotoRacer Similar to Road Rash at all? (I know it's an old game now and .99)

02-27-2009, 04:46 AM
MotoRacer Similar to Road Rash at all? (I know it's an old game now and .99)

Hey guys and girls, I am newbie to my ipod touch 2 gen so I was wondering if Motochaser is similar to Road Rash at all? I know it's .99 and I like motorcycle racing games. I did read the threads with bad reviews and some good reviews but nothing I recall comparing it to Road Rash.

Thank you.
02-27-2009, 05:04 AM
From what I remember Road Rash has some fighting involved against other bikers.
You don't really control any fighting in Motoracer, except for maybe a brief nudge of a fist when you spewed past a bike.
It was good as a first gen game but feels very dated now. The controls are tilt and accelerate button, no brake. You don't crash either, just slow down. Very basic gameplay.
That's my two cents.

02-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Agree with the above. The bike felt like it floated just above the ground too.

I got it at .99, played the first 2 stages and the boredom kicked in. Hasn't been on the machine since then.
02-27-2009, 10:27 AM
This is nothing like Road Rash! Road Rash was a great game, Motochaser is a horrible excuse for a game.
Avoid at all costs!
02-27-2009, 11:11 AM
It was one of the classic game, much like Super Monkey Ball which some people hate, but remains a classic of iPhone gaming early days.

I enjoyed it a lot. Finished the game quickly, but it's nothing like Road Rash. Get it only if you want to collect classic items. Otherwise, get SnailMail. It's similar in terms of no opponents, but so much better on all departments.
02-27-2009, 01:40 PM
hmm I think I will pass based on what i have read and seen so far.

Would anyone recommend any good quality racing games that do have motorcycles in them? Just cars would be fine too. I have noticed asphalt 4 and some others that I'm looking into that do have motorcycles in them. Price doesn't matter either.

In the meantime, I'm gonna do my own research. Thanks in advance!
02-27-2009, 02:21 PM
For the time being I would stay away from any game made by Freeverse. I have Motochaser (got it free), SlotZ, and Days of Thunder. They are sitting on my iPhone unplayed. Actually I deleted Motochaser because it was just terrible.

Days of Thunder is pretty boring too. It starts out ok, but as you progress the enemy AI gets retarded and pretty much keeps crashing you. It also gets really repetitive.

SlotZ is the same as DoT. You race slot cars in different circuits and try to unlock new tracks and cars. At the later levels you get thrown into races with 50 laps... About the best thing going for that is the track editor and the fact that you can download new tracks that people made to try out.

EDIT - Good racing games would probably be Fastlane Street Racer and Snail Mail.

Last edited by gd3; 02-27-2009 at 02:24 PM.
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
This is nothing like Road Rash! Road Rash was a great game, Motochaser is a horrible excuse for a game.
Avoid at all costs!
This
02-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
hmm I think I will pass based on what i have read and seen so far.

Would anyone recommend any good quality racing games that do have motorcycles in them? Just cars would be fine too. I have noticed asphalt 4 and some others that I'm looking into that do have motorcycles in them. Price doesn't matter either.

In the meantime, I'm gonna do my own research. Thanks in advance!
Personally I hated Asphalt, and many posters have suggested that the tilt controls have been killed in the latest update.

I would recomend Fastlane, awesome game - check out the lite version: App Store Link

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD
02-27-2009, 06:52 PM
hmm, anyone play that ferrari game?