★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: EcmaSoft
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 32.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (2)
App description: Tap Tanks is a combination of action and strategy featuring unique Doodle style 3D graphics. You have 4 chassis, 4 weapons and a factory to combine 16 unique units. Quickly build your army and flick it right into the battle. Use your strategic thinking to crush advanced AI (Artificial Intelligence) or your friend in a multiplayer combat. Explore all 12 levels of campaign and continue with skirmish mode after you finished with it or play with your friend.

Features:

- Highly dynamic gameplay
- Unique units control system specifically adapted to iPhone and iPod
- Original cartoon style graphics
- Great AI which will never give you a break
- Three game modes - campaign, skirmish and multiplayer deliver great replay value
- 16 types of units, each with unique characteristics
- 12 levels
- Interactive tutorial to help you get started
06-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Hell, why not... *downloads*

06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Looks fun... *downloads*
06-30-2010, 03:29 PM
It's one of those "free" + IAP games, you pretty much get to play the demo, the map pack is 2$.

It's clearly an RTS though a fairly simplified one like Robo Rumble, if anyone remembers that. You get a fixed income and combine turret/chassis units plus you can do a bit of research to tech with. Not sure I like the way the controls work, it probably should make it easier to give orders to a group. The fixed income makes me wonder how many strategies are possible since in my experience a fixed income isn't good for an RTS unless you enjoy slippery slope gameplay (losing units cannot be compensated for).

There's multiplayer though I guess it's local only (doesn't mention anything about that).
07-01-2010, 05:07 AM
My first comment in this forum

I've bought levels pack and stuck on a Radar level. Did anybody pass it?
07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR_11k View Post
IIt's clearly an RTS though a fairly simplified one like Robo Rumble, if anyone remembers that.
First thing I thought of as well! Primarily because you build units piece by piece.

Played through a chunk of this game - it's decent, but I'm not a huge fan of RTS games on my iPod, so I doubt I'll keep it on.

Great visual style in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-11-2010, 12:50 PM
The recent patch removed the need to buy the map pack, now the game is really free, not free + IAP.
08-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Oh, guess the price moved to the app purchase then (the map pack IAP was 2$ too). Well, all those who got it for free now got a free full version.
08-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDR_11k View Post
Oh, guess the price moved to the app purchase then (the map pack IAP was 2$ too). Well, all those who got it for free now got a free full version.
Wow, that's a first!

Seems like it's usually the other way around (paid -> free with DLC/iAds )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!