★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MaxNick
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 24.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Clever Strategy + Awesome Firepower = BoxBattle Lite ***Its a blast!***

40 years of war between the Quarks and Tulans has left the planet ravaged and resources scarce. Youre a Recruit Gunner recruited to use the advanced Quark artillery cannons against the elaborate Tulan barricades. Are you ready for the ultimate challenge?

For anyone concerned about the recent name change: These are the same number of free levels as before, we just added "Lite" to the title, to distinguish with the other Full version that was just released. If you had already downloaded the extra levels, you can download them again at no charge. Thanks for your understanding!

Over 130 explosive levels of varying difficulty await as you devise strategies to batter the barricades while conserving ammunition. The goal is to destroy as many green boxes as possible, while avoiding the red boxes.

As you progress, unlock achievements and receive medals, weapons upgrades and 10 unique shell types. Accumulate points to reach higher levels as you strive for the ultimate rank - First Cannoneer of the Quark Empire! Open Feint enabled, BoxBattle also lets you save and review and post key statistics as you become best gunner in the galaxy.

BoxBattle delivers strategic warfare and makes you think refreshingly outside the box!

Features:

12 Free Levels and 120+ Levels available for purchase right inside the app!
Advanced Weaponry with 10 Unlockable Shell Types
Challenging Obstacles and Varied Strategy
Open Feint Enabled
Career Advancement Mode. Rise through the Ranks!
Medals and Achievements for top scores
Brilliant Graphics & Sound

goiMot's comments:

07-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Got to be DLC or something - totally free? No way for that many levels!

Either that or tonight is the physics bargain basement of the year between this and Physics Gamebox!

07-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post

Either that or tonight is the physics bargain basement of the year between this and Physics Gamebox!
Just downloaded. No time to play, but can't see any form of DLC, yet...

EDIT: Damn, spoke too soon. Additional levels for $0.99, but not sure how many packs there are. Very misleading and the only reference to this is in the first screen shot. Should have checked more closely... BTW... it's "buy" and not "bye"...

Last edited by ataloss; 07-01-2010 at 12:55 AM.
07-01-2010, 12:51 AM
I just played some, not a bad game at all. There is DLC, not sure how many levels are included for free yet. It is worth a download though, good physics game.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
07-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I just played some, not a bad game at all. There is DLC, not sure how many levels are included for free yet. It is worth a download though, good physics game.
There are 12 levels for free then it looks like it's 30 levels for 99c and who knows after that good game though
07-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
There are 12 levels for free then it looks like it's 30 levels for 99c and who knows after that good game though
30 levels for 99...?
No thank you, not when Physics Gamebox has 300 levels for 99...!!!

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)
07-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post

Don't forget Cannon Basket which has just gone free: http://appshopper.com/games/cannon-basket
Not quite as good-looking though, for sure!

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)
07-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I am wondering if this would play well on the ipad.
07-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Free, cranker, download and give it a whirl!
07-01-2010, 10:13 AM
OK

I am already out of space on my ipad so I am picky even for FREE!

Folders please !!!