Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Danger Alliance (Was Lost Company) getting ready for launch

Hey,

I'm Josh and I'm the Lead Dev at TOME Studios. Some of you might know me as the lead on Isochron, but for TOME Studios I'm teamed up with Moj, an ex-Irrational Games artist who has worked on games such as BioShock and Tribes.

Together we're putting together Danger Alliance. (renamed from Lost Company) It's a 3D Tactical Turn Based game for iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X.

The best way to think of Danger Alliance: Battles is like a sophisticated chess game on steroids. One tester actually described DA as "Like chess with rocket launchers and cricket bats!"

So the core fun in this title is the turn based tactical match-ups, and out-witting your opponent with careful placement and planning that lets you smash them when you get within range. Watching the cartoony characters performing your commands and dealing deadly killing blows is also a lot of fun

There are 6 battlefields to play on and each map has its own strengths, weaknesses and features -
* Maps come in various sizes for long range or short range match-ups
* The 3D terrain really matters! We have a sophisticated Line Of Sight engine that makes cliffs and hills provide cover for your units. You can hide up against the base of cliffs, or take the high points for greater coverage.
* Water zones on maps slow you down to half speed to make key points more of a challenge to control
* Obstacles at full and half hight provide tactical barriers - half hight gives some protection against projectiles, full height means you're mostly safe (but watch out for grenadiers who can lob grenades over both!)
* Each battlefield has been hand crafted over many, many months to provide an excellent balance of tactical control points and game pace. We have about 10 battlefields that have been tossed as they didn't make the grade and provide the deep tactical engagement we were looking for. (You should thank Moj for his excellent level design skills!)

When you get the game, you'll only be able to play the first battlefield - as you complete games against the AI more levels will become unlocked. And once you unlock all the levels, a special Strategic Victory (capture the flag) mode is made available for all the previous battlefields!

And to top it off, you'll really have to think hard about choosing the right team as we have a bunch of pre-made AI teams for you to fight against. You wont know who you're fighting until you start the battle so you'll have to adapt your tactics on the fly. And as you get better you can play through with an Easy, Normal and Hard AI.

Enjoy!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by TOMEStudios; 10-07-2011 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Added new video
Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

It's been a long time I'm waiting for a "ufo-like" to land on the iphone, so many thanks and good luck guys.
Do you have an ETA ?

And I've got many questions, will it have base management, covert destruction, precision depending on position, etc etc etc ?

Last edited by ZorakZoran; 07-01-2010 at 10:56 AM..
Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
iPhone 5

Those character designs are flippin' FANTASTIC!!! Well done!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:43 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorakZoran View Post
And I've got many questions, will it have base management, covert destruction, precision depending on position, etc etc etc ?
the game is primarily multiplayer at the moment and there is an overarching management component with respect to managing your squad. There are seven unit types that will be unlocked during play allowing a huge number of team configurations. We also have team perks you can unlock for that extra edge.

The levels are highly interactive too so you can use lots of different tactics. Half cover will reduce accuracy and buildings and high terrain will require arcing weapons like grenades.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:15 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

very interesting but great art for a turn based game.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

And what's the ETA for this game? At this stage it looks great already.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

The thread title alone got me... And I must say, this looks like it'll be an awesome game.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

That looks quite interesting!
Old 07-02-2010, 12:25 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro

This looks amazing, how many people in online?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:55 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongkykun View Post
And what's the ETA for this game? At this stage it looks great already.
While we've designed most of the game mechanics and pushed for the playable pre-alpha you see here, there are still a bunch of assets to finish and mechanics to implement. We're planning to meet an October deadline for our internal beta, and then we'll be releasing once everything has been thoroughly tested in both the game and the online server.