★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ApeZone
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.0 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Embark on a fantastic journey through graveyards, haunted houses, and spooky castles.

Includes bonus levels for Halloween and Christmas!

Ghosts, Zombies and Monsters of every description are on the loose and it's up to you and your team to stop them.

SoliScare is like no other solitaire game that you've ever seen before!

Use your astral weapons of everyday objects to put the beat down on monsters. Drawing a club gives you a golf club, a spade gives you a shovel, and so on.

Game play follows one simple rule: move monster cards to your hero pile by choosing cards that are one higher or lower than your current hero card.

As you make longer card runs, you'll capture these creatures and add them to your jailhouse. Can you capture all 37 ghosts, zombies, and monsters?

The 100 levels are perfect for players of all skill levels as they vary from easy to challenging. Look for another update just in time for Halloween!

Use the coins you get from clearing monsters to purchase outstanding, game-changing upgrades and power-ups.

SoliScare is OpenFeint Enabled. Compete against others on the leaderboards and try to get all the achievements.

Check out a video of the game in action at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gQEXdQjf8 or visit http://apezone.com for more cool games!

LordGek's comments:
Soliscare is now out and about so you can have a most haunted 4th of july!

I haven't seen it yet but I knew Andrew Ewanchyna of ApeZone (www.apezone.com) as the genius behind a lot of great independent PC strategy games so I'm sure this is only the beginning of more great shoot to come.

From reading the description and the screenshots I'm assuming this will be a fun jazzed up version of Solitaire Golf with a Halloweeny Monster theme.

Having just gotten it this morning while at work, I hope to post my impressions tonight once I've had some time to play with it.

07-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Well I've played some and like it for the most part.

Pros:
-Cute graphics
-Lots of level variety
-Many fun perks to unlock
-Nice implementation of Solitaire Golf
-Missions to accomplish for bonus points
-Keys need to be acquired to unlock doors blocking piles

Cons:
-No real point incentive to complete a level, your points and coins are just earned by clearing stacks and getting long scoring streaks (moving cards to the foundation w/o needing to draw a new one).
-Pretty bland missions (they're currently all about making combos/runs past some threshold value, like get a run of 5+ cards, now get a run of 8+).
-No coin bonuses for cards remaining in the draw pile (probably intentional but seems off to me).
-While the game has you battling ghosts for the first few levels, then zombies, and finally monsters, there are no differences in play mechanics, just different art.

So as it stands I'll give it a 3.5/5 but with a lot of potential to get better!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews