• Publisher: Hexage.net
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.6 MB
  • Version: 1.19.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Unite all the animals of Everlands and help them outsmart the Evil!

A colorful world of Everlands has been invaded by dark and sinister forces. Animals of the land have to unite, combine the best of their abilities and together stand against the great threat casting shadow over their beloved homeland.

Each animal has its unique features, strengths and weaknesses. Create your own tactics combining dozens of abilities and defeat your foe.

Lead dozens of courageous animals through more than 20 carefully prepared levels and reveal the truth behind the source of mysterious evil in a unique turn-based game.

FEATURES

ANIMAL THEME
Over 20 handpainted characters based on real world animals.

SMART TURN-BASED GAMEPLAY
Own the battlefield with your carefully executed tactics!

ADDICTIVE
Collect new animals with every victory in more than 20 levels!

ONE DEVICE MULTIPLAYER
Play thrilling hotseat duels with your friends anywhere!

SIGNATURE SOUND
Features a unique soundtrack composed by Kubatko.

REVIEWS

"Quirky, smart, and deceptively challenging, Everlandss animal top trumps concept is a resounding success"
- pocketgamer.com

"Everlands is a deeply satisfying strategy game."
- gamezebo.com

"Everlands is a must-own game if youre a lover of strategy games, or just have the desire for a great game."
- iphoneappreviews.net

"Everlands is an incredibly deep game."
- knowyourmobile.com

SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK

Please contact support@hexage.net with any inquiry or feedback.

Follow @hexage on Twitter for the latest development updates and news.

goiMot's comments:

07-01-2010, 04:51 PM
This looks unique and very interesting!
Is it a strategy game or puzzle game?

07-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I saw the previews for this game and it looks different. Also by the looks of that video it has come a long way since I last saw it. I can see the graphics look a little childish but I am going to assume that the game play will override that. Definitely waiting for impressions. I really love Totemo so look forward to what this might bring!
07-01-2010, 05:21 PM
is it out ? price ?
why no app info ?

does look as though it could be interesting...although the video does a great job of explaining nothing whatsoever

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
07-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Send a message via AIM to jwei44
It's out. I saw it just now. 1.99
07-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Where are all the board game enthusiasts?

Played throught the tutorial and the first two boards of the story mode. The game is similar to Hive and Hanto -- you strategically place tiles on a board and try to dominate your opponent. You take turns placing one tile at a time. The tiles are in the form of animals each with health points (green numbers) and attack points (yellow numbers). Each animal type have a special ability -- eg leopards always attack first, bears have +1 attack when wounded...etc. If you tap on the tile anytime during the game you can see what the animal's ability is.

Tiles also have attack sides (indicated by the little triangles), such that if you place a tile on the attack side of an already place tile, the defender attacks you first. If you succeed in defeating an animal, the tile changes to that of your color and vice versa. Once the whole board is filled, the game ends and the side with most of its colors on the board wins.

Recommend that you play through the tutorial and at the end there is a free board to try everything out before. It isn't a game that you can carelessly place tiles about and win through luck. This game requires lots of thought to beat each board, even early in the story game. Looks deceivingly like a child's game -- it's not.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 07-01-2010 at 08:29 PM.
07-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Hexage always seem to bring something a little more special to the table, this being no exception. Very tempted, but hoping more impressions will come before I give in to the inevitable...
07-01-2010, 08:43 PM
You sold me Ravenblack!
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I love the art direction/charm. It's not that not every game has to look the same. I'm so incredibly tempted to just buy this. Only hesitant as I've never played hex tile games before.
07-01-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm enjoying this so far. Anyone familiar with the strategy board games Neuroshima Hex! or Witchcraft will be familiar with the game mechanics. Each tile can attack only adjacent hexes into which one of their arrows is pointing, so it is all about positioning your animals so that your arrows point at opposing animals, without them pointing back at you. Hit points and attack values are a factor, but what really adds interest is that each animal has a special ability. Beating an opposing creature turns him to your color. The artwork is great too.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 07-01-2010 at 10:31 PM.