★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Yuisy
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 95.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The new and most exciting Racing Game of the whole Store has just arrived!
Join the passion of many speed-racers that love Formula 1 and its history. Use one of the cars of the glorious 50s decade and compete against the computer, against yourself and online with other racing drivers through different scenarios. Add new cars or upgrade yours to have better performance.
This version includes the capability to:
-Access Eight different racetracks to select.
-Upgrade your car or purchase new ones to have different features.
-Play online with other racing drivers, play against your previous time records and against the computer.
-Have your statistics locally or online in the web.
07-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Appinfo appears to be a little messed up, but it looks semi-interesting. Taking the 50s-era automotive tack is an interesting touch, and the graphics look good, but with only screenshots to go by, it's hard to say if this is worth the bother. The overhead zoom level appears to be uncomfortably close.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I decided to TOFTT and boy do I regret it.

The only good thing about this game is the visuals, especially the models of various cars in the garage.

You have to pay $0.99 to upgrade one car that you get from the outset and additional $0.99 for every additional car in the game. Its a huge rip-off.

Mindfield is right. You only get to see a small portion of the track due to the size of the cars on the screen. You get a mini map with cars shown as dots. Thing is, if there are 2 red cars - you get 2 red dots with no way to tell which one is yours. You play in portrait mod with arrows or tilt for steering and gas/brake pedals that you have to press (no auto acceleration). AI of other cars is atrocious with a lot of the cars getting suck behind railings and in the bushes.
Its a pity that such gorgeous graphics were wasted like this...
Thumbs Down.
07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I was afraid of that. The tiny amount of track you can see at once gave me the uneasy feeling that perhaps more attention had been paid to how this game looks than how it plays. The fact that there's no mention of DLC, nor how egregiously it's implemented, just makes it worse. Thanks for TOFTTing, I'm glad I saved the buck.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
07-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Damn, I wish I'd waited for your review before throwing a buck away on this !!!
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Aw, crap.... There's a buck really wasted ! The game play is truly horrible, by the way. The car careens wildly on tilt mode, and you can't see where the hell you're going. Not a good game, even for free...
07-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I give it a try );
07-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Awful

Awful, awful game.
10-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Eh.. it's free I'll give it a try.

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.