★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to the Karnival!

Born with the arm of a goat, youve always been labeled a freak. Realizing you need to view your curse as a gift you decide to start your own Karnival. Traveling across the land, you gain the loyalty and trust of other freaks and together, you bring thrills, wonders, and tasty treats to entertainment-starved towns.

Game Features:
* Tycoon style gameplay manage your rides, freaks, shops, and games
* Hi-resolution graphics designed specifically for the iPad!
* Handle ticket and vending prices, # of tickets per ride, salaries and maintenance
* Earn and spend fortune and karma in your quest for fame
* Design your Karnival layout in multiple environments across 15 towns and 20 unique maps
* 5 classic carnival mini-games including tarot card readings, cola ring toss and balloon pop
* 30 unique rides, shops and freaks including the thrilling Spiral Coaster, tasty Candy Yum Yums, and The Human Bug: Arack the Eight-Legged
* Ride your rides!
* Custom and unique soundtrack tailored for a Karnival environment.
* Numerous leaderboards and tons of achievements using OpenFeint

Game Tips:
* Pinch and zoom for different perspectives on your Karnival
* Select your own playlist for your freaks and guests to enjoy by tapping on the phonograph
* Vadoma gives you a free tarot card reading daily which may offer boons or curses
* See where you rank on the worldwide fame leader board
* How you set up your Karnival matters some attractions influence extend further than others
* Anything unlocked in Career play becomes available in Sandbox play
* Attraction attributes are mystique, fun, scare, and thrill
* Double-tap for the fireworks show!

Like Karnival? Support Bitwise Design and check out: Hospital Havoc, Hospital Havoc 2, and Karnival for iPhone!

Follow us on Twitter @bitwisedesign and Facebook

goiMot's comments:

Quote:
Description
Welcome to the Karnival! 

Born with the arm of a goat, you’ve always been labeled a freak. Realizing you need to view your curse as a gift you decide to start your own Karnival. Traveling across the land, you gain the loyalty and trust of other “freaks” and together, you bring thrills, wonders, and tasty treats to entertainment-starved towns. 

Game Features:

* Tycoon style gameplay – manage your rides, freaks, shops, and games

* Hi-resolution graphics designed specifically for the iPad!

* Handle ticket and vending prices, # of tickets per ride, salaries and maintenance

* Earn and spend fortune and karma in your quest for fame

* Design your Karnival layout in multiple environments across 15 towns and 20 unique maps

* 5 classic carnival mini-games including tarot card readings, cola ring toss and balloon pop

* 30 unique rides, shops and freaks including the thrilling Spiral Coaster, tasty Candy Yum Yums, and The Human Bug: Arack the Eight-Legged
* Ride your rides!
* Custom and unique soundtrack tailored for a Karnival environment.
* Numerous leaderboards and tons of achievements using OpenFeint

Game Tips:

* Pinch and zoom for different perspectives on your Karnival

* Select your own playlist for your freaks and guests to enjoy by tapping on the phonograph

* Vadoma gives you a free tarot card reading daily which may offer boons or curses

* See where you rank on the worldwide fame leader board 

* How you set up your Karnival matters – some attractions’ influence extend further than others

* Anything unlocked in Career play becomes available in Sandbox play

* Attraction attributes are mystique, fun, scare, and thrill 

* Double-tap for the fireworks show!
07-01-2010, 04:58 PM
That looks sweet!

Last edited by songbird; 07-01-2010 at 05:41 PM.

07-01-2010, 05:05 PM
This is a very cool game that got an unjustified cool reception on the iPhone -- hope it finds an audience on the iPad.
07-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Looks cool. I never tried the iPhone version.
07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey all, I'm the developer of Karnival. As with Hospital Havoc and when Karnival came out on the iPhone, I'll be constantly poking my nose into the forums here to get your feedback and suggestions. Since we've published this directly to the AppStore ourselves, we are *much* more enabled now to be able to do updates as needed. Suggestions and any issues are of great importance to me.

Thanks for your support! We think Karnival is a great game of course, but your opinions matter more than my own.
07-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm just trying out the lite version on the iPhone right now, and I have to admit this is very well done. I don't know why this would have gotten a chilly reception, but it's a very good 3D tycoon game. The lite version appears to be extremely limited though -- one attraction, one location, the whole thing pretty much dies out after 5 days of operation, so maybe that's what's killing people's impressions of it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 07-01-2010 at 05:48 PM.
07-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
I'm just trying out the lite version on the iPhone right now, and I have to admit this is very well done. I don't know why this would have gotten a chilly reception, but it's a very good 3D tycoon game. The lite version appears to be extremely limited though -- one attraction, one location, the whole thing pretty much dies out after 5 days of operation, so maybe that's what's killing people's impressions of it.
I think some people expected something very deep like Rollercoaster Tycoon and ended up with something that was more about atmosphere and character than about hardcore resource management. For me, the fun was in unlocking rides and attracting new freaks to my Carnival, and I appreciated the fact that management aspect of the game was fairly light.
07-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Sooo you want me to pay again for the exact same game without anything new..?
Nooooo...
07-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sramota View Post
Nooooo...
I dont recall the developer asking you to pay for the game?

Dont say anything unless its worth it, nobody cares what you think.
07-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sramota View Post
Nooooo...
The graphics are new... Not enough to justify it for yourself, then play in 2x and stop bitching.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*