★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Craig Rothwell
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 44.0 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Inspired by the Amiga and Spectrum Dizzy games, control Wizzley and explore a huge hand drawn world of puzzles, quests and fun. Meet Kings, Princesses, Trolls and Witches, boil things, burn things, blow things up. With the game spread across 3 chapters (which act as save points) there are twists and new features right to the end.

Wizzley's magic wizard outfit can carry any 3 items at a time, plus a ready supply of eggs to throw at anything you like.

Wizzley Presto is a traditional cartoon adventure game. It is entirely designed around the iPhone controls and not ported from another system, thus you can be sure of a superb gaming experience together with a fantastic music and voice track.
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Man... where the heck did this come from? I remember this from over a year ago...

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.

07-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Wow and suddenly it's released! (but with a name change maybe?)

The one thing are those control buttons look awfully awkward.
07-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Well that was a long month....

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Wow and suddenly it's released! (but with a name change maybe?)

The one thing are those control buttons look awfully awkward.
yeah its too bad, I hope there's more control options like a regular joystick/D-Pad, the way the controls are set up now i don't think its gonna work well.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
07-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Interesting.

Has anyone got this yet?
07-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERROR View Post
Interesting.

Has anyone got this yet?
Downloading and will be syncing in a few mins.
07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Mini update

So I've played if for around 5 mins and the game is pretty cool. One little thing I don't like is the voices of the characters are a little to low in quality and it sounds like crackling a little bit as the characters are talking. It's pretty funny in some parts and reminds me a lot of the Terry Pratchett DiscWorld games. I'll play more and report back later.
07-01-2010, 11:26 PM
This came too ex too late. Not to mention the controls look awful..
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
This came too ex too late. Not to mention the controls look awful..
I agree. I am surprised at the price and surprised at the controls. I don't think that it's a typical run and jump platformer - you would only need to go up say when you see a ladder (at least that is the impression I have so could be wrong) but still - very very awkward looking. It screams for a d-pad or something of the sort. I could not imagine those controls spread out even wider on the iPad.