How do you make your app "iOS4 Tested"?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by egarayblas, Jul 2, 2010.

1. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

I've noticed that most of the apps being released and updated recently have "iOS4 Tested" beside their product versions. How do I actually get my app "iOS4 Tested"? Do I have to rebuild/recompile my apps using SDK4 or simply make sure that it runs fine on an actual device running iOS4?

2. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Software architect, game dev and book author
    xor eax, eax
    Ensure you build with SDK4 and test on iOS4 device. (Don't forget to test on OS3.x if you target is set to pre-iOS4, though.)

If you are a registered developer, you should have received the answer to your question already from official sources...

3. lukeca

lukeca Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    It's just a check box that appears when you submit your app, if your app targets 3.x you will get the prompt to check that box, if you target 4.x you won't get the box because they assume you must have tested it on 4.x since it only runs on 4.x.

4. egarayblas

Thanks guys! :)

5. egarayblas

Hmmm I just submitted my app and I didn't see this checkbox anywhere on iTunes Connect. Can you please point me to the exact page/part?