★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The full version of HARBOR HAVOC 3D is now FREE!!! Try it before the price goes up!!! This well reviewed game is an intense test of collision avoidance from Backflip Studios, creators of PAPER TOSS, RAGDOLL BLASTER and STRIKE KNIGHT. With gameplay that is simple to learn but challenging to master, this game will keep you playing for hours.

Your task is to route boats, submarines and helicopters to their respective ports without running into other vehicles of the same kind. It starts easy but quickly picks up pace.

HARBOR HAVOC 3D takes line drawing games to the next level through multi-level gameplay, striking 3D graphics and gorgeous animations.

The game includes:
-Beautiful 3D graphics
-Stunning environmental effects
-Innovative gameplay
-Dramatic explosions
-Wide variety of vehicles
-Immersive music
-Nautical sounds and animations
-Intuitive touch controls
-Plus+ integration
-Post scores on Facebook and Twitter
-Global online scoreboards
-Awards
-Insanely addictive
-Support for fast-app switching in iOS 4.0

Like all Backflip games, HARBOR HAVOC 3D is simple, fun and addictive.

"The game looks brilliant, and directing traffic on multiple levels is amazing." -App Advice

". . . this brilliant game will undoubtedly make some waves of its own thanks to a pick-up-and-play quality coupled with gorgeous graphics and ingenious gameplay mechanics." -Pocket Full Of Apps

"As the developer behind such successful iPhone games as RAGDOLL BLASTER and PAPER TOSS, it's always worth checking out what's new from Backflip Studios." -Pocket Gamer

"For advanced players who have gotten bored of Flight Control and are looking for more of a challenge, HARBOR HAVOC 3D manages to provide added layers of challenge without necessarily being different just for the sake of being different." -Touch Arcade

Backflip Studios has seen over 32,000,000 downloads across our suite of products. Please try our other titles.

Thanks for playing our games and please continue to send feedback.

Follow us on Twitter: @backflipstudios

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

There was a lite version for Harbor Havoc 3D which is now gone. App description seems to imply this is the full version and the price will go up soon.

EDIT : Backflip clears out the confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backflip Studios View Post
We wanted to release a free version of Harbor Havoc 3D that was fully ad supported and had all four levels. We will not require folks who paid for the original to buy out ads in order to get 4.0 support. The update should be out shortly. Admittedly, we should have released both of these updates at the same time to avoid confusion.

We appreciate all of the loyal users who paid for the original and will continue to support that title.

If the free version becomes a success, we will absolutely add levels to both versions going forward. As always thanks for playing.
07-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Hmm this app was updated for 4.0 but the paid version hasn't yet. Weird

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive

07-02-2010, 02:50 PM
screenshot 5 has a "remove ads" button...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
07-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't understand.. The free one supports fast switch but paid doesn't, but they say free version is going to raise in price..? But it has ads

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
I don't understand.. The free one supports fast switch but paid doesn't, but they say free version is going to raise in price..? But it has ads
Yeah, that's definitely confusing...makes me wonder if the paid Harbor Havoc 3d is being phased out for this one or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
07-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
screenshot 5 has a "remove ads" button...
Ahhh, now I see the angle here but, grr, will be pissed if this means us loyal purchasers of the paid full version need to upgrade the free version via DLC to get this OS 4.0 update!

More importantly where is the iPad version? As is the case too often these days I'm AFRAID to purchase many iPhone games if I think there might be an iPad version right around the corner that I'd be expected to purchase separately.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I have loved Harbor Havoc since its release. I would be extremely upset if they pull it only to have to buy again.
07-02-2010, 03:46 PM
The icons are different too, I picked it up just in case

I'm what you could call a "casual" mobile gamer.
07-02-2010, 04:10 PM
The original HH3D will be updated to 4.0 soon

We wanted to release a free version of Harbor Havoc 3D that was fully ad supported and had all four levels. We will not require folks who paid for the original to buy out ads in order to get 4.0 support. The update should be out shortly. Admittedly, we should have released both of these updates at the same time to avoid confusion.

We appreciate all of the loyal users who paid for the original and will continue to support that title.

If the free version becomes a success, we will absolutely add levels to both versions going forward. As always thanks for playing.
07-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backflip Studios View Post
We wanted to release a free version of Harbor Havoc 3D that was fully ad supported and had all four levels. We will not require folks who paid for the original to buy out ads in order to get 4.0 support. The update should be out shortly.

Whew!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews