★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Where are all the Iphone 4 exclusives

07-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Where are all the Iphone 4 exclusives

My Iphone 4 is comming in a couple of weeks, but there seems to be a lack of exclusive games. 600000 iphone 4's sold in one day, you'd think we could get some games in the works!

Last edited by kabukijoe; 07-02-2010 at 06:19 PM.
07-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Wrong section buddy. This should go in Game Discussions. Also welcome to the community!!

07-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Why would you need exclusive games for the iphone 4? I don't think there have been exclusive games for the previous ones? It would suck for people with previous generations or without iphones to see a game exclusive to only the iphone 4, but that's just my opinion.
07-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't think they want to eliminate the majority of the people who don't have iphone 4s yet I know I got peeved off at all of the ipad exclusives lol.
07-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB View Post
Why would you need exclusive games for the iphone 4? I don't think there have been exclusive games for the previous ones? It would suck for people with previous generations or without iphones to see a game exclusive to only the iphone 4, but that's just my opinion.

There's dark raider S, Blue Skies S that I recall off the top off my head.

i guess Real Racing, Enigmo, could be considered for iPhone 4
07-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewithchaos View Post
There's dark raider S, Blue Skies S that I recall off the top off my head.

i guess Real Racing, Enigmo, could be considered for iPhone 4
But they're not iPhone 4 exclusives.

The only one is Eliminate Gun Range.

You won't be seeing much more than that, it's just stupid for developers to target iPhone 4's only.

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
07-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Retina optimized is entirely logical for developers though

Some games look so fuzzy now that the display looks so amazing elsewhere in the web, etc.
07-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmar9333 View Post
But they're not iPhone 4 exclusives.

The only one is Eliminate Gun Range.

You won't be seeing much more than that, it's just stupid for developers to target iPhone 4's only.
Agreed.

The only reason a game should be exclusive to iphone 4 is because it requires all 512mb of RAM, it can only be done with the gyroscope, or it needs the front facing camera

The retina display is great but the 3GS is capable of Anti Aliasing and other effects as well. Games like Carcassone and Real Racing have updated to retina graphics and look amazing on my 3GS.

There are a lot of iphone 4's out there but they pale in comparison to the number of previous generation devices.

Not to mention that few devs even knew what it was capable until it was announced. It's not easy to design an exclusive for a device that was vaporware until recently. Even now that it's out it's it short supply so most devs are just waiting to program with the device in hand.
07-03-2010, 03:09 AM
Why do you want iPhone 4 exclusives? You already have a superb phone for your money. Its just dumb from a developer perspective.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!
07-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabukijoe View Post
My Iphone 4 is comming in a couple of weeks, but there seems to be a lack of exclusive games. 600000 iphone 4's sold in one day, you'd think we could get some games in the works!
Get in line behind all of us iPad owners...we're still waiting for the onslaught of iPad exclusives!