★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Escapa, the brilliant and addictive iPhone/iPod app has now been ported to the iPad to become Escapa HD.

You have much more room and yet it still remains just as much a challenge as it is on the iPhone/iPod.

From the screenshots, it may look simple, but the fact is, this game is highly addictive. Hence the reason for its popularity on the net.

Try it once and you'll look for ways to beat your time and get your name on our top 100 worldwide leaderboard.

The objective is simple. Move the red square with your finger as the blue blocks move around the screen. Do not let the blue blocks touch the red square and do not let the red square touch the black edges.

Your time is is recorded and entered on the worldwide scoreboard if you are good enough.

If you manage to avoid the moving blocks for more than 18 seconds, you are "Good".

If you manage to stay alive for 30 seconds, you are "Great".

If you manage to stay alive above 50 seconds, you are "Exceptional".

Anything above 1 minute, YOU ARE THE Master!

agiibs's comments:
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you guys know Escapa is now available in HD on the iPad. It'll be free for a couple of days....try it and rate it.

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/escapa-hd/id377705227?mt=8
07-03-2010, 04:44 PM
No reviews....did the first two come from here. If so, thanks

07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
It functions just as the flash version does, so definitely credit for that.

Interestingly enough, I'm currently working on an iPad game with the same mechanic.

GameLoft: xRylinx | GameCenter: Rylin |
Currently playing: Real Racing 3, GT Racing 2, Oceanhorn
Waiting for: N/A
Owner of: iPad 3 64GB, Galaxy Note 3
07-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Interesting! This is what they use for training/testing fighter jet pilots coordination isn't it? Perhaps you should put that in the app description?

It's bloody hard!

Not even going to tell you my best time... Yet! hahah

Good luck on your version, Rylin.

My gaming & gadget blog: http://hatenintendo.wordpress.com
07-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Interesting! This is what they use for training/testing fighter jet pilots coordination isn't it? Perhaps you should put that in the app description?
Yeah, I used to play this game online before it was on the iPhone and the site I played it on had that in the description too. Not sure if its true but it is a really fun little game anyway.
Thanks for bringing it to the iPad

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
07-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Nice little game. Hard as hell
07-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks all for all your comments. It's only free for 1 more day, so ask anyone who wants it to get it now!
We'd appreciate any reviews in the app store. Thanks guys.
07-06-2010, 07:08 PM
We've just released Brain Trap HD. Free for a limited time!
07-14-2010, 05:26 PM
We changed escapa from 59p to free again. Limited time only.