★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Supermarket Mania: Time Management Fans Here ya go!

02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Supermarket Mania: Time Management Fans Here ya go!

I'm a new to the Time Management games which I enjoy so I am sure also some of you will be happy to know this info from Appshopper.com. It's gotten good reviews so far in the app store. It's only $1.99

Supermarket Mania

Running a grocery store can be a lot of fun! Help Nikki keep five stores stocked to the rafters with the provisions customers want. Nikki must stay on her stylish toes as she reloads shelves and cleans up spills because her big business rival is out to shut her down and will show no mercy. If you work fast and hard, and please the demanding customers that enter through your doors, you'll earn enough money to upgrade your establishments and show your adversary what a little hometown pluck can do!

Run five distinct stores through 50 manic yet fun-filled stock-‘til-you-drop levels, stock over a dozen of products to sell, serve seven types of hard-to-please customers, and earn enough money to purchase over 20 accessories and upgrades that will help you turn your enterprise into success.

Supermarket Mania is so called casual game – a game which is easy to start playing, addictive, and suitable for short game play sessions. It is appealing to the widest audience – kids, their parents, and their parents’ parents, and equally appealing to men and women. Supermarket Mania belongs to the Time Management genre (also known as Dash Games genre) – it is when you play against the timer and you have to keep the pace in order to succeed.

Recommended for fans of Time Management games such as Sally’s Salon (game and TM of RealArcade), Diner Dash (game and TM of Playfirst), and Cake Mania (game and TM of Sandlot), but also can be enjoyed by fans of Match 3 games like Bejeweled (game and TM of PopCap Games) and fans of Hidden Object games like Hidden Expedition (game and TM of Big Fish Games), and others.

Appstore link
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305426794&mt=8
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Another extra-Manly game for iphone gamers! what happened to unisex??????

ATC 4.0 looks better IMO

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

02-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Looks fun, I'll add it to my watch list.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-27-2009, 06:13 PM
It definitely looks like a great game, but it's just not really my favourite type.

If there's a light version, or one soon to come, I'll definitely try it though.
02-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Someone should come out with a time management game for men I everything is for girls there's not even a unisex one
Something like 'boxing time' where you control your own boxing square and get some boxers to fight and manage your publicity to get even more crowd or something like 'bar management' where you control your own bar instead of a chocolate shop, a salon or a wedding

Waiting for: Plants vs. Zombies, Cogs, Riddim Ribbon
Plus+: arono
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
The gaming field has been dominated by games created by men and for men for the most part so excuse me if some of the comments make me smile. No denying that some of the TM games are geared towards females but many males also really enjoy these games as well.

If playing a game with females makes you feel insecure, I suggest that you grow up.

The first review I saw of Cooking Mama was from a man on youtube and he really enjoyed it. Some of you are just fine in admitting you love Sally's Salon etc and some are not which is fine.

Developers out there, start creating big macho TM games to pacify some folks here. I think I hear the Wahhhhmbulance coming!
02-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
i've always wanted to try SALLY's SALON but because of the theme. i pass.

LOL

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post

If playing a game with females makes you feel insecure, I suggest that you grow up.
FOR, females

I don;t belive devs were working on a unisex game when they developed Sally's Salon. I have nothing against these type games it just surprises me how many men are attracted by those games, only way I'd play that is in a completely subjective manner trying to not pay attention to all the stuff aimed at a female audience.

Discuss

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
02-27-2009, 07:01 PM
i bought this game yesterday and i love it. it gets really hectic. and who said grocery stores are for women only? sounds like we got some sexists in the house! i love hitting the supermarket, probably b/c i like food so i dont see how this is a game geared towards women
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
FOR, females

I don;t belive devs were working on a unisex game when they developed Sally's Salon. I have nothing against these type games it just surprises me how many men are attracted by those games, only way I'd play that is in a completely subjective manner trying to not pay attention to all the stuff aimed at a female audience.

Discuss
Actually, I meant WITH females as characters. I think it's fantastic that men are attracted to theses games and they don't have to be bisexual or gay to enjoy it! Don't be afraid! These are FUN games that just happen to have female characters. Men go in supermarkets too, men get their hair cut (Sally's Salon has numerous male clients and male workers) and male characters ARE in supermarket mania of course.

Sally's salon is only a buck, so take the plunge or go for Supermarket Mania at 1.99 and let us know what YOU think