★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Roswell Fighter - great iphone arcade shooter *FREE FOR ONE DAY!*

07-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Roswell Fighter - great iphone arcade shooter *FREE FOR ONE DAY!*

Hi People!

We are proud to announce that in collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, ROSWELL FIGHTER will be free for one day(Sunday!)! So get it!

As a indie developer we would appreciate a rating and a review on ituens - this helps us making the game even better, then it is now!

Hope you will enjoy it!

Cheers,

GameLab

-
07-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameLab View Post
As a indie developer we would appreciate a rating and a review on ituens - this helps us making the game even better, then it is now!
This is how you do it, developers.

He didn't ask for 5-star ratings, he asked for any ratings or reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It is really expensive when you take into account that I spend over 40 a month on games for my iPhone. Get a clue.

07-03-2010, 09:11 AM
A terrific game and review posted. Thanks for making it free.
Edit: not a 5 star rating but appreciate the game still.

Last edited by Coldar; 07-03-2010 at 09:37 AM.
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Game Impressions

I know there are quite a few people who seem to like this game from the original thread, and having played the lite version previously I've never been able to understand why. Took the chance to download the full game for free to perhaps see if there is something here I've missed, but unfortunately no such luck.

The game is fairly poor throughout. Slow, dull, by-the-book shooter which struggles to even get the basics right. I was bored before the end of the first level.

Terrible music and voiceover (the latter which, even the devs seem to acknowledge as it's turned off by default,) and barely any in-game sound at all. Weapons make no sound when firing? Really?

No place for this one on my device, not even for free.
07-03-2010, 01:45 PM
After seeing the above nvm
07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi,

Not a bad game at all, reminded me a lot of Skyforce Reloaded, with some nice twists thrown in.

I would like local leaderboards instead of having to go into or usinusing Openfeint.

Definitely need to restart your device or, in my case, the gameplay was very jumpy.

I did not get the feel of what Gabrien talked of when commenting on it being slow and boring, there are three speeds for gameplay I did notice which is nice.

The music is not an issue for me since I have a first gen device and do not use headphones.

With just playing it for a few games, I would say it is worth checking out and hopefully it gets some notice and some updates.

Good luck to the developer on this.

David

Last edited by Harpgliss; 07-03-2010 at 03:18 PM.
07-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Thank you guys for the comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpgliss View Post
I would like local leaderboards instead of having to go into or usinusing Openfeint.
Actually you don't need to go into open faint! simply go in the level select menu and after selecting a played level you see the highscore under the level picture!

-
07-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

David
07-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto_Machado View Post
This is how you do it, developers.

He didn't ask for 5-star ratings, he asked for any ratings or reviews!
Quote:
App Store Description:

Don't forget to vote! This helps us to make the product much better!
(of course 5 Star ratings are more than welcome )
I have no problem with it, just thought it was funny

Had to reboot to play but I blame iOS4 on my 3G iPhone for that. Ever since I upgraded the OS my phone has been a bit of a slug.

There was some slowdown when a lot of objects appeared but it ran smooth most of the time.

The game could use more sound effects...more explosion sounds and some sound when you fire your weapons.

I liked the obstacles that you have to maneuver around. I don't know if this is common in SHMUPs but I'd never seen it.

For me it's pretty tough....lot of enemies and enemy flak to avoid. Good game overall. Good graphics, decent controls (I'd lose my planes position sometimes when the game slowed or my finger slid off screen). Little short in the sound department.

Check it out.
07-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi,

I did get the occasional slowdown of what Schplurg mentioned as well as losing the plane position a bit but figured it was because I had a first gen device.

David