★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iPhone game idea.

View Poll Results: Which game should I make?
Platformer 5 31.25%
Sidescroller 0 0%
RPG 5 31.25%
Mini-Game 0 0%
Mario Party/WarioWare 3 18.75%
"Tales of" style game 2 12.50%
My game idea(Read below) 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
iPhone game idea.

In a couple of days I will be buying a mac, idk exactly when but I need an idea for a game to make for the iPhone. Heres the list of titles I would work on. The game will not be 3D, I will start of with 2D.

Game genres that I am willing to work on.

~Platformer
~Sidescroller
~RPG(With equipped items actually being shown.)
~Minigame
~Mario Party/WarioWare style game

My game idea
I was thinking of making a 2D RPG where you would start as a kid and progress throughout the game until you reach a certain point and you will develop powers like force push(like Star wars n Push[2009]) and other abilities like mind manipulation, incredible strength, super speed, etc. You would only be able to use one at a time, they would be like special attacks while you would use melee and weapons such as guns, knives, and others. The game would feature a story where you are trying to get revenge for the recent death of your family. You will train along the game, doing main quests and side quests, until you reach the final boss in an engaging battle. The game would be about 4-6 hours in length.

My second game idea is a "Tales of" styled game. E.G: Tales of Symphonia, Legendia, etc.

Other game ideas
I would be willing to make games of another genre listed above. I would like you guys to give me detail on a good game. Price will be undecided but probably not above $5,99, it all depends on the game.

I will be making a test of the games you guys want on BYOND which used programming a bit similar to SDK. I am pretty experienced with BYOND so the SDK shouldn't be too hard. I will display screenshots of the BYOND version as it gets completed and the iPhone version once I get a darn Mac.

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Mario vs Donkey Kong.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by arta; 02-28-2009 at 08:38 AM.

02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Hmm, idk. Kinda different from what I usually do, though I'll think about it.

Also to embed go to the description of the video and you'll see the youtube url and an embed url. Copy the youtube url and post it in here. I never tried it. Let me see if it works.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NB6Eu44WigM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NB6Eu44WigM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EDIT: Nope doesn't work. I'm with you now man.

02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Quote:
okay, here is how you embed youtube videos. simply post the number and letter set of the video (the set of numbers and letters you see after ?v=, for example, your first movie would be: NB6Eu44WigM.) and bracket this with
(youtube)(/youtube) except with brackets instead of parantheses

Last edited by anduril_ukr; 02-27-2009 at 06:34 PM.
02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
I like the 2d RPG idea, but I think you should only be able to pick one big super ability (like a class in a typical RPG) and then have a set of smaller ones that each class would have. This would encourage multiple playthroughs of the game if implemented correctly (really making the classes feel distinct and having separate challenges for each), which would keep people from bitching about the game being "only" 4 hours long.
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
A pokemon style rpg (w/out pokemon brand of course) but like the whole monster collecting, town exploring idea!
02-27-2009, 06:36 PM
for the game idea, i suggest a sandbox style rpg, where you can explore large expanses of land and villages with lots of secrets and miniquests.
02-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
okay, here is how you embed youtube videos. simply post the number and letter set of the video (the set of numbers and letters you see after ?v=, for example, your first movie would be: NB6Eu44WigM.) and bracket this with
(youtube)(/youtube) except with brackets instead of parantheses
Alright let me try that:

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Alright let me try that:
YouTube: video
I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
02-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPuma View Post
I like the 2d RPG idea, but I think you should only be able to pick one big super ability (like a class in a typical RPG) and then have a set of smaller ones that each class would have. This would encourage multiple playthroughs of the game if implemented correctly (really making the classes feel distinct and having separate challenges for each), which would keep people from bitching about the game being "only" 4 hours long.
I'm thinking about that but with more than 1 ability the players would have more movesets to level up. This is how my idea works: There is an on screen button that switches your move sets, kind of like Hero of Sparta's weapon switching. After switching your movesets, there would be 3 special attacks that are executed with different gestures like force push forward would be a vertical slash going north and vice versa. There would also be a move that sends everyone around you pushed back which would be to draw an on-screen circle and the final move, which would be levitating objects would be to drag the object that's on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
A pokemon style rpg (w/out pokemon brand of course) but like the whole monster collecting, town exploring idea!
haha, I just thought of that before I came to make this post. I was thinking that you would pick a main character to play with and you would use a capturing system sorta like Pokemon Rangers(Drawing Circle around Pokemon when in battle) and in battles you would play as the creature of your choice in a non-turn-taking style game. Still thinking 'bout it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anduril_ukr View Post
for the game idea, i suggest a sandbox style rpg, where you can explore large expanses of land and villages with lots of secrets and miniquests.
Hmm, sounds like a nice idea for a "Tales of" style game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
I don't think I'll sleep tonight.
I know what you mean.