★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sudden changes in ranks???

07-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Send a message via ICQ to cramzy Send a message via Skype™ to cramzy
Sudden changes in ranks???

Hi guys,

One of our best selling apps, that's usually ranked at about #120 in the US AppStore, suddenly fell to #190 in several hours. I also noticed that some apps emerged out of nothing and appeared in Top 100...and these aren't even featured, popular or anything...they just appeared out of nothing.

So I was wondering if anyone else is seeing weird changes in ranks today?

Cheers,
ILIYA
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I've seen it as well and was just as surprised as you are. I saw my app drop from around 60 to 200+ in just a few hours. It seems that everything is going back to normal now (if it hasn't already).

If you like logic puzzle games, try Marblenauts. Available now for iOS and Mac OS X.
Crescent Card #C3A49D539

07-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Still not restoring here... Was your app stable at #60 before?
07-03-2010, 12:18 PM
My app is currently climbing ranks because it's being featured. I've also been looking at pac-man which was number 1 before it got moved to the 15th spot or so (right now it's back at 1).

This is all looking at the iPad rankings, perhaps the iPhone rankings are a bit more slow to restore.

If you like logic puzzle games, try Marblenauts. Available now for iOS and Mac OS X.
Crescent Card #C3A49D539
07-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Was a stable 40-60 in japan for the past 2.5 weeks, suddenly dropped to 190 in the past day... then we jumped up from 190 to 70 in an hour, then fell back down to 190. Sigh.
07-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Same for us, Physics Gamebox dropped from #16 all apps (germany) to #101 games. Then went back up a bit etc. Thereīs definately a database error going on.

FDG Entertainment
Across Age, Banana Kong, Venture Kid, Blosics, Bloody Harry, Blueprint 3D, Blossom Tales, Monster Boy, LONEWOLF, Beyond Ynth, Tower Boxing, Paperama, Car Toons!, Chicken Raid, Clear Vision, Crystal Siege, Tentacle Wars, Expand it!, Captain Antarctica, Cover Orange, Roar Rampage, Slayin, Slide Circus, Oceanhorn, Parachute Panic, Physics Gamebox, Bobby Carrot Series and many more!
Follow us on Twitter
07-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future777 View Post
Same for us, Physics Gamebox dropped from #16 all apps (germany) to #101 games. Then went back up a bit etc. Thereīs definately a database error going on.
Let's hope it's only a rankings error but not the brutal reality of significantly decreased sales. We'll find out in a few hours I guess.
07-04-2010, 03:23 AM
The sales have been excellent, it was definately a database error. In Germany itīs also featured. Impossible to have such a massive drop when a promo is running.

FDG Entertainment
Across Age, Banana Kong, Venture Kid, Blosics, Bloody Harry, Blueprint 3D, Blossom Tales, Monster Boy, LONEWOLF, Beyond Ynth, Tower Boxing, Paperama, Car Toons!, Chicken Raid, Clear Vision, Crystal Siege, Tentacle Wars, Expand it!, Captain Antarctica, Cover Orange, Roar Rampage, Slayin, Slide Circus, Oceanhorn, Parachute Panic, Physics Gamebox, Bobby Carrot Series and many more!
Follow us on Twitter
07-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future777 View Post
The sales have been excellent, it was definately a database error. In Germany itīs also featured. Impossible to have such a massive drop when a promo is running.
You got your sales report for yesterday (03 July) already?
07-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Not yet, but the database issue happened yesterday already. I think itīs still not fixed. Now we jumped back to #22 in Germany.

Of course this error will influences visibility -> lower sales.

FDG Entertainment
Follow us on Twitter