★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Are we going to ever see a full call of duty game.

07-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Are we going to ever see a full call of duty game.

Does anyone no if activision is plan on making a call of duty game for iPhone and iPod. Because they have cod waw zombies and it's not a full featured call of duty game. Anybody know if a call of duty game will ever come out?
07-04-2010, 12:59 AM
I don't think we ever will. The full CoD game is just too hard to implement on the iPod, and the size of the game would have to be several gigs at least. Graphics wouldn't be too great, and I doubt multiplayer would be good, with the state of the CoD zombies multiplayer right now. and we all know that multiplayer is the best part of cod. even if it came out, I doubt I would buy it. It would cost probably 15 bucks at least, with sub-par graphics and gameplay. The iPhone just can't handle cod.

07-04-2010, 01:05 AM
maybe
07-04-2010, 01:09 AM
I know that Glu is making one for mobile phones for Black Ops, but I highly doubt that they'd port the full game to the iPhone.

That said, I'm content having the entire game of World at War: Zombies on my iPod. With multiple maps and the entire Nazi Zombies game ported, I'll be quite content with it for a long time.
07-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
I know that Glu is making one for mobile phones for Black Ops, but I highly doubt that they'd port the full game to the iPhone.

That said, I'm content having the entire game of World at War: Zombies on my iPod. With multiple maps and the entire Nazi Zombies game ported, I'll be quite content with it for a long time.
Only reason I bought the console version

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
07-04-2010, 08:43 AM
It is totally possible to bring a full COD game to iPhone, just unlikely given that its not really feasible to charge much more than $10 on the app store. Given that, i'd say the most likely game we could get is a port of an older game, like COD3. There's also a PSP version of that, so it might be quite feasible for about $10.

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD
07-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I see no reason why they couldn't restrict it to 3g touch/3gs or newer so they could have better graphics, and they could always support one of the plug-in controllers people keep trying to develop, support from a company like Activision would be able to standardize the iphone/touch game controller addon.

Beta tested: Parallelus, Galactic Gunner, Crazy Snowboard, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPodder View Post
What? They make games for the iPhone/iPod Touch?
lmao
07-04-2010, 03:05 PM
No. That game would cost a mimium of 19.99. And probably more in the range of 29.99. Activision does not believe that iphone owners would pay between 19.99-29.99 for a game. Most games on the appstore sell in the price range of 0.99-4.99. Chaos Rings sells for 12.99. COD would then have to sell for at least 7.00 more than the highest priced iphone game on the market.

There are 3 full COD games available for the DS. Each one of those games sold originally for 39.99.

If you are Activision, the math just doesn't add up.

Glu's mobile version will probably be a cheap Java game. They won't develop it for smartphones. It will be a java game, for certain. Whether it will even be a decent Java game or a shameless money grab remains to be seen.
07-04-2010, 03:12 PM
@Dumaz1000 Umm, aren't there DS versions yup I thought so

I'm what you could call a "casual" mobile gamer.
07-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I think Brothers in Arms 2 serves as the perfect substitute