★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SK Telecom
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 31.3 MB
  • Version: v1.2.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Finally, a real masculine arcade game with explosive World War II warfare has invaded the App Store.

Great Tank War puts the future of the free world in your hands with awesome firepower, stunning 3D graphics and ultra-realistic game play.
Great Tank War pits the formidable U.S. Sherman tanks against the notorious German Tiger tanks and other historically accurate armored vehicles. Blast your way through countless, challenging battles, using Great Tank Wars intuitive controls, your wits and an array of powerful weaponry.
Upgrade your tanks armor to withstand the punishing enemy attacks. Unlock your tanks 5 weapon typesAFV 75mm cannon, Pounder Firefly, Flamethrower, Calliope and 105MM howitzerto wreak havoc on enemy forces.

Best Ranking #1 in Simulation.
Best Ranking #5 in Strategy.
Best Ranking #23 in Games All.
Best Ranking #33 in All Apps.

Features:
- Amazing full 3-D graphics
- Historically accurate tanks and weapons
- Intuitive controls
- Realistic tank battles across numerous levels
- Multiple armor and weapons upgrades

They say that war can be addictive. Download Great Tank War and find out why.

we completed to update the GTW 1.2.0.

1.0.0 -> 1.1.0 -> 1.1.1 : The reward of 3000 gold, Maintenance of v1.1.0 save file.
1.0.0 -> 1.1.1 : The reward of upgrade fee. Maintenance of stage and gold. The additional reward of 700 gold.
1.1.0 new user : No problem.

# v1.2.0 Update List
- add "Game Center"
- add multiplay mod
- fixed some bugs

# v1.1.2 Update List
- Fixed inventory bug.

# v1.1.1 Update List
- The save bug fixed.

# v1.1.0 Update List
- Modification of game balance.
- Add 25 stages.
- Add a Radar Function.
- Realization of In App Purchase.
- Add a Calliope tank.

GreatTankWar's comments:
Brand new 3D tank war simulator game for all tank wars fans! - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/great-tank-war/id378457262?mt=8 It hit the New and Noteworthy list and we would really love to hear what you have to say about the game.

Join the game fans on its Official Fan Page on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/GreatTankWar
See you on the Fan Page!
07-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp

07-05-2010, 10:26 AM
I was kind of stunned that there wasn't a thread on this game yet -- it came out on July 1st, just went on sale for $.99 (the price in appinfo is wrong), and it's up to 54 in the top selling apps.

I actually bought it at the original price (I'm a sucker for tank games) fully expecting the worst, even with the good reviews it's getting; Nate Games has released some pretty awful cellphone ports. Thankfully, this isn't one of them, though I'm not sure it was worth the original price.

And yes, that's the in-game music in the video -- kind of bizarre, considering how much the description emphasizes "realistic" tanks and combat. Thankfully, it can be turned off while still keeping the sound effects.
07-05-2010, 11:56 AM
^ I can't believe it either, this looks amazing!!!

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
07-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Is this similar to Project Phoenix, but in WW2 setting? Is there a campaign, or is it just survival shooter?
07-05-2010, 02:38 PM
looks to be a survival shooter to me.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
07-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Considering there is absolutely no way to contact the developer (no email, twitter, comments are from fans and not the dev).

I'm interested although I would like to speak with the dev first.
07-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
looks to be a survival shooter to me.
It's a mission based shooter. I'm only a few missions in; so far about half of them have been survival (stay alive for 3:00 or whatever) and the other half clear the map. You can use gold picked up from enemy drops to purchase or improve your weapons or armor, as well as purchase new vehicles. I've encountered 5 different types of enemies so far: infantry, rocket-propelled-granade soldiers, cannons, enemy tanks, and a B-29-type bomber that pelts you from the sky. As expected, your tank has machine guns and cannons (both upgradable); the machine guns fire at the touch of the right stick, the cannon goes off when you let go of it.

So far it's fun, but nothing groundbreaking. The graphics are decent, the controls reasonably responsive (keep in mind that you're driving a tank, so don't expect Minigore-style agility), and the sounds (except for the music) and special effects are good. At .99 it should be a no-brainer for dual-stick shooter fans.
07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I decided to get this game and give it a go. For a 99 cent dual stick shooter, it is a pretty good game. Well worth it for dual stick shooting fans.

The video in my first post shows you exactly what your in for.
The levels aren't all the same and differ from defense to survival to destroy all enemies levels.

I did think though that it would be nice to be able to shoot enemy rockets.
and I hope that the other tanks are faster than the first one you are given, otherwise there needs to be some type of speed upgrades for the tanks.

and here is a link to the developers blog: http://nategame.blogspot.com/

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp
07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RttaM View Post
Considering there is absolutely no way to contact the developer (no email, twitter, comments are from fans and not the dev).

I'm interested although I would like to speak with the dev first.
i got to em via this email: nategames.at.nate.dot.com

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.