★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Great Tank War: Dual Stick Tank Combat

07-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Great Tank War: Dual Stick Tank Combat

Kind of stunned that there's no thread on this game yet -- it came out on July 1st, just went on sale for $.99 (the price in appinfo is wrong), and it's up to 54 in the top selling apps.

I actually bought it at the original price (I'm a sucker for tank games) fully expecting the worst, even with the good reviews it's getting; Nate Games has released some pretty awful cellphone ports. Thankfully, this isn't one of them, though I'm not sure it was worth the original price.

Here's a video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And yes, that's the in-game music -- kind of bizarre, considering how much the description emphasizes "realistic" tanks and combat.

Last edited by squarezero; 07-05-2010 at 10:18 AM.
07-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the vid. Is there an option to keep the sound effects but lose the music?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
07-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Thanks for the vid. Is there an option to keep the sound effects but lose the music?
Yes, there is.

EDIT: What an amazing coincidence: I bought this last night and waited till today to start the thread -- 3 minutes before the developer started his own. Mods, feel free to close this one -- I'll copy my comments to the other one.
07-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Looks like Dev posted his own page here at the same time as SquareZero:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=1#post1163403

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp